Kenny Gabriel gets Auburn's first EVER triple double

WarTiger

24 points, 12 rebounds and 10 blocks and throw in 3 assists. There's still 6 minutes remaining. Gabriel is shooting 11-13 from the floor the last stat I heard. He's having a tremendous game and Auburn is hammering Bethune Cookman - 62-33 Auburn.

Watched the game online- UNBELIEVABLE! game from KG! He made it look so easy!

Great momentum boost before the trip to Florida State for Wednesday's game. We need a really good game from KG and the rest of the guys in Tallahassee to spring into SEC play.

In the history of Auburn men’s basketball, no player had officially recorded a triple-double until Monday night when Kenny Gabriel did it, and did it in style, with 24 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocked shots as the Tigers defeated Bethune-Cookman 67-41.

A triple-double is an impressive thing to see. I was there when Marita Payne got Auburn's first one for the women's team in 2004. Whitney Boddie also pulled the triple-double trick in '08 but I wasn't present for that one. Wish I'd have gone last night but it was too damn cold in Dadeville, Alabama to go outside for any purpose other than to bring in more firewood.

Archived