AU@ Arky

For once, when we got a pitcher going really good he wasn't snatched out of the game early for no apparent reason. Good win, hope it gets something going for us.

I have to say this was the best game played by this bunch all season when you take in the fact that A: First road SEC win to open a series, B: No errors and no base running blunders, and C: The level of competition.

Very nice win for the Tigers!!!! If we get 2 of 3 it would be impressive considering the last few months. A sweep would be monsterous.

I have to say this was the best game played by this bunch all season when you take in the fact that A: First road SEC win to open a series, B: No errors and no base running blunders, and C: The level of competition.

Very nice win for the Tigers!!!! If we get 2 of 3 it would be impressive considering the last few months. A sweep would be monsterous.

You didn't see Tella slow down, stroll into second base and get tagged out, costing us a run? Or the center and left fielder loaf on a popup, stroll to pick it up while the Arky batter took an extra base that eventually handed Arky a run? A dropped foul ball isn't recorded as an error, but we had one of those too.

I'll agree it was a great win, but those things made it a lot harder on us than it had to be. I think we'll have to do better in close games if we're to win another one.

It started when we jerked a pitcher that was going great guns. He had thrown only 64 pitches. Two walks and a wild pitch by the reliever and we've lost the lead.

We squandered scoring opportunities by trying to bunt guys to third. Second is called "scoring position" for a reason. Forfeiting an out to move a guy to third simply isn't done. Worse case, the batter can't execute the bunt and it's a lose-lose deal. We did some of that too. The reason we leave so many on base is because we forfeit a bunch of hitting opportunities trying to be cute.

The runner getting caught trying to squeeze home was a disaster. After two bluffs at the squeeze, don't you think Arky might be expecting it? They throw the pitchout and our guy is dead. If you're gonna' squeeze, it's got to be a surprise and on a pitch count that won't encourage a pitchout. We really looked stupid on that one.

Anybody that listened to the last 2 & 1/2 innings of that game and thinks we don't need a change of leadership doesn't know the game of baseball. I feel sorry for the kids, Auburn owes them better.

It started when we jerked a pitcher that was going great guns. He had thrown only 64 pitches. Two walks and a wild pitch by the reliever and we've lost the lead.

We squandered scoring opportunities by trying to bunt guys to third. Second is called "scoring position" for a reason. Forfeiting an out to move a guy to third simply isn't done. Worse case, the batter can't execute the bunt and it's a lose-lose deal. We did some of that too. The reason we leave so many on base is because we forfeit a bunch of hitting opportunities trying to be cute.

The runner getting caught trying to squeeze home was a disaster. After two bluffs at the squeeze, don't you think Arky might be expecting it? They throw the pitchout and our guy is dead. If you're gonna' squeeze, it's got to be a surprise and on a pitch count that won't encourage a pitchout. We really looked stupid on that one.

Anybody that listened to the last 2 & 1/2 innings of that game and thinks we don't need a change of leadership doesn't know the game of baseball. I feel sorry for the kids, Auburn owes them better.

4 Errors..... come on guys..... It's fundamental baseball at that point.

Huge series win for AU, no doubt. Could have been a sweep and how they lost on Saturday wasn't acceptable but nevertheless it's what they needed to get in the SEC tournament.

This was a good win today! Here's hoping they can keep the momentum and win enough to make the NCAA tournament. We're in the SEC, but with the conference taking 10 out of 12 teams that's not much of an accomplishment.

Next, we need to make sure to win the Monday and Tuesday games. Winning those won't help much, but lose one and that will really damage our NCAA chances.

Archived