Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

I'm Brian McCollum and grew up in Snellville, GA. I am married and 28 years old. I was born and raised by Georgia Bulldogs and converted to Auburn once I visited in 1994 with my friends brother. I was hooked and wanted to be an engineer anyways. My family was pretty upset, but I only applied here and have never looked back. I now reside in Auburn and work at Briggs & Stratton.  War Eagle!!

Lucky you!! Oh and don't they say "Snellville were everyone is someone"

Yep I've heard that one and "Snellville where everybody is somebody". I was a mighty Shiloh kid we were unfortunately always run over by Brookwood and Parkview during my days.   

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My connection to Auburn is that I live here and im majoring in Journalism... I have been an Auburn fan for 16 years and im looking forward to many more hopefully.

Working on my associates degree at SUSCC... then I will transfer to AU when I can.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

This is my first time posting.. I tried right after I found the website. Hope I do it right.

First of all I'm 65... Lived in Childersburg & Sylacauga area all of my life..

Most of my family were Alabama fans, so I only got into football before my marriage in 1963...(Still married to same sweet man!)

I pulled for Alabama & I remember watching Joe Natmath when he played for Bama on TV. Got to see him play when we went to New Oleans, saw him play with the Jets.. (Some of the fans throw tomatoes I believe after the game)

My husband was an AUBURN FAN... we went to Auburn pertaining to an agricuture meeting. I saw the campus for the first time...(I've never been to Tuscaloosa's campus...) Needless to say from that moment on I was an Auburn Fan!! The first game I went to was the AUBURN WIN after loosing 9 games to BAMA... Pat Dye & the Bear, at Legion Field. We stayed & watch them take the goal post down!!! I was all around Bama fan's with my Auburn shirt on.. I had drinks spilt on me, hit in the head with a flag, etc. but I screamed & was so PROUD of our team  & this really got me into the football experience!!!

My husband & I had season tickets during the 80's.

I was in stadium when Pat Dye won so many of the games in the last 3 to 5 minutes on the clock. Bo Jackson & the team was AWESOME!! The most excited game was the '89 game at AUBURN! The tiger walk & game was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We could have sold our tickets for $200 each & we didn't!!!

This was my first year to keep up with the recruiting! I couldn't believe what I did on signing day.. The TV, Radio & your website kept me occupied all day!!! Thank you so much for the website. I don't post or get on  to chat, but I do enjoy reading!!! Mrs TREBLE

Fantastic post Mrs TREBLE. Lots of great stories. You and I are close to the same age so we have seen many of the same games. I remember my dad talking me to see Joe Namath play against UGA and I got his autograph. Yes at the time my dad was a turd fan. He later saw the light. By the way I still have Joe's autograph. I also have Tucker Fredrickson too. Feel free to post often.

This is my first time posting.. I tried right after I found the website. Hope I do it right.

First of all I'm 65... Lived in Childersburg & Sylacauga area all of my life..

Most of my family were Alabama fans, so I only got into football before my marriage in 1963...(Still married to same sweet man!)

I pulled for Alabama & I remember watching Joe Natmath when he played for Bama on TV. Got to see him play when we went to New Oleans, saw him play with the Jets.. (Some of the fans throw tomatoes I believe after the game)

My husband was an AUBURN FAN... we went to Auburn pertaining to an agricuture meeting. I saw the campus for the first time...(I've never been to Tuscaloosa's campus...) Needless to say from that moment on I was an Auburn Fan!! The first game I went to was the AUBURN WIN after loosing 9 games to BAMA... Pat Dye & the Bear, at Legion Field. We stayed & watch them take the goal post down!!! I was all around Bama fan's with my Auburn shirt on.. I had drinks spilt on me, hit in the head with a flag, etc. but I screamed & was so PROUD of our team  & this really got me into the football experience!!!

My husband & I had season tickets during the 80's.

I was in stadium when Pat Dye won so many of the games in the last 3 to 5 minutes on the clock. Bo Jackson & the team was AWESOME!! The most excited game was the '89 game at AUBURN! The tiger walk & game was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We could have sold our tickets for $200 each & we didn't!!!

This was my first year to keep up with the recruiting! I couldn't believe what I did on signing day.. The TV, Radio & your website kept me occupied all day!!! Thank you so much for the website. I don't post or get on  to chat, but I do enjoy reading!!! Mrs TREBLE

Yes please post often. We love our Auburn family

Welcome to AE Ms. Treble.  Great story!  You should feel right at home here.  After all it is home.  There are several of us "more experienced" members who post all the time.  Post often and War Eagle!!!

I just found all of the response to my post.. This will be my first reply... hope it works! ha

Thank all of you for your remarks! This is why we love AUBURN, we are family!!! Some folks just don't get it!!!

We are christians, so we love our GOD, OUR FAMILY, OUR COUNTRY & AUBURN!!!! We are so bless!!!

My husband & I are planning on going to Aday! With all the games we have been to at Auburn, this will be our first Aday! Looking forward in seeing the team.

Wish everyone had name tags on! WAR EAGLE!

WDE... I'm Chris. my dad, aunt , sister, and cousin all graduated from AU. Been a life long fan. living in virginia right now, but originally from pensacola, fl, and trussville,al. love the site and everyone is great!

WDE... I'm Chris. my dad, aunt , sister, and cousin all graduated from AU. Been a  life long fan. living in virginia right now, but originally from pensacola, fl, and trussville,al. love the site and everyone is great!

Welcome home. Post often and good luck on the job hunt.

hi golf, and other mods,,,

i'm new here and from huntsville. i've been an auburn fan for about 2 days now. ever since i found this site. idk why but u people seem crazy here  :tease:  ;)

Welcome westy post often humm I see you already do so never mind.

i'm new here and from huntsville. i've been an auburn fan for about 2 days now. ever since i found this site. idk why but u people seem crazy here  :tease:  ;)

1,700 posts a day...keep up the good work.

try 13,853 a day..  ;)

try 13,853 a day..  ;)

I believe has gone up a bit each day  :thumbsup:

Just found the site been an AU fan for a long time, originally from Mobile, but live in Auburn Georgia. Never went to Au but became a fan, my nephew starts in the fall at AU. Been to several games but going to my first A-Day and bringing the family hope to see all you there. By the way name is Ron.

:believe:

Welcome to the site Ron!! Hope you enjoy your stay!! Oh, and stay away from the crazies in the Asylum (a thread in the General Chat section) unless you have too much time on your hand and can handle some heavy duty sarcasm  ;D You have found the best Auburn online community so tell all your friends (Auburn fans that is)!!

:wedance:

Welcome to the site Ron!! Hope you enjoy your stay!! Oh, and stay away from the crazies in the Asylum (a thread in the General Chat section) unless you have too much time on your hand and can handle some heavy duty sarcasm  ;D You have found the best Auburn online community so tell all your friends (Auburn fans that is)!!

:wedance:

[move]Sarcasm sucks![/move]

• 3 weeks later...

New member but have been reading for a while. Heard about this site on another board and thought it sounded too good to be true. I was wrong!

My name is Jesse. I live in Anniston and have been a lifetime Auburn fan! It's great to have a place to stay up to date on recruiting news and being able to chat with other Auburn faithful.  :we:

Archived