Thoughts on JUCO?

To change the subject up from Willis, what is everyone's thoughts on recruiting JUCO players?  It seems that our coaches are going after quite a few, but I don't think any different than other years or other schools.  I usually like to only sign a few a year, because you just don't have enough time with them.  I think they are great players that fall through the cracks and then just are used to fill an immediate need and provide an immediate impact.  Does everyone wish we take more, take less, or just don't really care as long as they suit up for AU? 

I wouldn't mind getting a few more every year so that they can make an immediate impact on our season. We aren't guarranteed anybody will stay with us for more than a couple of years. Whether they come from JUCO or right out of high school.

This may not make a huge difference to anyone else, but I don't like the fact that JUCO guys seem to be playing here purely to help there chances of getting into the league.  They don't seem to want to be HERE so much as to be SOMEWHERE.  I know Rudi Johnson played at Auburn, but I would never consider him and Auburn Man. 

On the other hand, they can do a lot in a stop-gap role, so who knows? :-\

War Damn Eagle 

Maybe we need to sign alot of junior college players for the next few years.

I'd love to know what coach Dye thinks about what that "coach" did to us. After all, he was one of coach Dye's signees in 88 or 89.

Archived