If we can Lebo.

autiger888

I agree with you, we cant settle for anybody. At least go after a few guys and if they say no, then thats ok. Its a business, people say no all the time. If we really go after a few of these coaches with decent reputations, then we should have chance to land one. Especially with the new facility, and it should help with recruiting efforts in the future

I definitely want an established good coach who can recruit well.  I know that is asking a lot for a football school.  It would be great to have a big name who appreciates the new facilities and wants to make a project of resurrecting AU BB.

:wedance:

I really believe we should hire a black coach. It would help us bring in the "top players" from everywhere. However, I don't want just a black coach, I want us to hire the best one who's out there. What do you think?

I've talked with alot of other fans from other schools and they all tell me it would help us a great deal if we went after a proven winner who just happens to be black. I'm just telling you what other people have been telling me. Now if we really had a good chance of hiring Bobby Knight, then I vote to go full force and bring him in.

I just want to have the best available coach.  I don't care what color he is.  I want a quality BB team that I can go see and cheer for in the NCAAs.

Just did a wikipedia on Nolan Ric hardson..he is/was last associated with Mens national Mexican Team..huh ?..

I know he had problems at Arkansas but maybe that is the past..I guess there may be younger  coaches of today..for the record I would rather take a chance with Richardson than Knight but either would be a draw

We are probably gonna have to roll the dice on somebody, b/c what big time coach would really want to coach at AU right now? I believe basketball is different than football in the sense that you HAVE to be a good coach but not necessarily a good recruiter. I'm not saying talent doesn't help, but just isnt as important as in football per se.

Archived