Another Bammer Spin

auburn4ever

Opening Drive this morning Jay Barker said that the reason Auburn may sneak in there and have a good class this year is because the recruits in the state of Alabama are down this year, and Alabama doesn't want to offer any of them. Alabama fans are good at spinning things around, and Jay Barker is the King. Can someone tell me how in the world you can say that next years crop is worse than past years when only a few combines have gone on? If you watched the way recruiting rankings worked last year, Fluker and Patterson jumped at the end of the year, but to start with they were well down the list.

It's to bad Barker isn't a head coach. He seems to know everthing there is about football and about the recruiting game. Or at least in his own mind he thinks he does.

Just another reason to add to the list of why I HATE everything bama! OMG, the arogance of these f'n pricks,... :beatmullet:

There are 2 types of Bambies:

1. The toothless red necks

2. The superior bred elitists

One type is plain ignorant and the other is silk stocking pansies.

Yeah, I heard that cretin this AM, too.  He and Al got into it because he didn't like Looper saying he wanted to protect our borders.  He said it showed how fragile the program is and that he couldn't understand why Au would say that since st.nick has the state locked up.  What a poor, sad uat cretin.

Kinda reminds me of the old Forrest Davis recruiting report from years ago..

Rivals has been notorius about changing ratings based on uat leans, commitsm, etc.  Of course, the largest subscription base for Rivals in the country is the state of Alabama, so they cater to who's paying the bills.  And yes, Forrest Davis was the first one who would change ratings based on uat prospects.  He claimed he never did but all you had to do was look at his magazine and you would know.

:aufb:

Speaking of Forest Gump Davis, didn't Coach Dye call him out about his service and basically said that Davis was a recruiter for UA? I seem to recall that happening. Of course, Davis denied it and claimed that he was non-biased. However, I remember one time I was driving in my car and had his show on the radio---this has been quite a number of years ago---and he was reviewing the top recruits in all sections of the country, and it amazed me who top-notch recruits in the Pacific Northwest all seemed to have Alabama on their lists of schools of interest. Most had the usual suspects of interest such as USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, but that he reported that they all had Alabama in their top picks.  What a tool he was then, and probably is still to this day.

Archived