Recruits visiting today

AUSportTalk

Five-star RB Michael Dyer and K Cody Parkey are both expected. Dyer and Parkey should already be here and are expected to stay through practice tonight.

Just some interesting news I heard on Dyer.  Supposedly a current player on our team from Arkansas knows this guy well and strongly believes he will either be coming here or Arkansas.  Supposedly his mother does not like Coach Petrino, though, so he really likes our chances.  He also reportedly went on to say that this kid is the real deal and compared him to Barry Sanders.  WOW!  He said the current staff is amazing compared to the old staff and that they will bring in some good ones!  Dyer is also supposed to be in attendance for our first practice tonight!!!  BOOM!!!!!

Just lovin it!!! I hope we get him I know the future is bright for Auburn and we will atleast sign one 5 star runningback maybe two malazhan did have McFaden and Jones in the backfield at Arkansas maybe we can have something like that like we had Brown and Williams...

Dyer visit update:

Dyer was very impressed with Auburn. "I really enjoyed Auburn," he said. "I really loved it, actually. Everything was great. Everybody was great. I really enjoyed it there. I really did." He said that he wished he could have stayed longer. Dyer has been to Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia Tech, and Tulsa but NONE compare to Auburn in his mind. "It was my favorite place that I've visited. I ranked the visits that I've taken so far and Auburn came out at the top. That's my favorite spot."

More comments from Dyer:

"I love Coach Malzahn, and Coach Luper is a great guy," Dyer said. "I really liked meeting with the coaches. I talked to Coach Luper and Coach Malzahn for a while and we went over some of the running back drills, what they do.

"I also talked to Coach Chizik. He is a good guy. I got to know the coaches and what stuck out is they are all on the same level. They are all about leadership, getting to know their players, football, academics, they are all about the same thing, which I like."

On meeting and hanging with Lee Ziemba and Kodi Burns: "It was good meeting them," said Dyer. "They said that Auburn was the place for them. I also met a lot of the other players. I went to the locker room and just hung out and watched T.V. I probably met the whole team."

More comments on Auburn: "There were a lot of things that stood out," he said. "I like the tradition. Auburn has a lot of unique things they do like the (Tiger Walk) before the game. The players, they enjoy themselves. They enjoy the coaches, too. Everybody there is just good people. You're surrounded by good people on and off the field.

"Auburn has everything that you could ask for. I enjoyed the coaches, the players, the atmosphere … it was nice. Everything was just unbelievable really. Auburn, I just really enjoyed it there. I really did."

On his visit overall: "Auburn really made a big impression on me. They did a heck of a job," he said. "I'm definitely going back to Auburn. I'll definitely go back for a game, probably two or three games, actually.

"And I'll probably save my best for last when it comes to my official visits, and that will probably be Auburn because I know I'll enjoy it a lot. I want to save my best for last and it will probably be Auburn."

WOW!!! Im lovin it. I hope we have this type impact on all of the guys that we want. Good job coaches. I hope they can close the deal when it comes down to it. :we:

Archived