Auburn Denies UCLA in 2010

rbwareagle34

Yeah def man you are invited to the tailgate.....I argue with lots of people on this subject b/c I know what goes on at the Auburn athletic department, I have talked to him and I know what he does for Auburn. He is the best man I know for the job and he is doing a great job! That is my opinion and im sticking to it!

Borges def helped the situation and was the negotiator but her and Jacobs worked together on the deal.

The hirings of Lebo and Fortner were before he took over but he is one of the main guys that helped hire them b/c everyone knew by then that he was taking over at the end of the year.

Where is the 100 yard indoor facility? Where has is been for 50 years? exactly, not at Auburn. One thing at a time. I promise you Auburn will have a 100 yard indoor practice facility but they have pored 92 Million into a new arena, calm down.....money doesn't grow on trees. They have alot of project going on besides in athletics. Auburn football money pays for the majority of the construction at Auburn.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good things are starting to happen at Auburn and Jay Jacobs is a big part of it.  If you were close to the situation, as Sportstalk is then you would have a better understanding of what this man does for Auburn University.  I am tired of hearing people gripe and complain about this guy, a true Auburn man through and through and a man of high character and integrity.  Also, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to post 7 or 8 times in a row on this message board.  That is totally rediculous!  I could say a lot more on this but I choose to hold my tounge!

I don't think you will EVER find a better Auburn man than David Housel.  But David Housel made a mistake and Daid Housel paid a price.  IMO, so should jacobs. 

I know David Housel very well b/c he is a family friend and was a friend of my grandfathers before he past away. Housel is an Auburn man through and through no doubt. Housel did make a mistake but as you all should know no matter who the AD is here at Auburn there are higher powered people that they have to answer to so I hope everyone doesn't hold that against Housel b/c he was just doing what he was told even though deep down he knows it wasn't right. I really feel bad for him b/c I know he really didn't want to take part.

Again, as for Jacobs until you can come up with a list of bad things he has done for Auburn I am not replying to this thread again. Don't start making up stuff either b/c I know the very short list of bad things that he has done. I know what is going on at Auburn and I know what he has done and hasn't done so don't start with me. IM DONE!

Easy SportsTalk! Not everyone is saying Jacobs is doing a bad job, although sometimes I question his judgment. One of the biggest thing I questioned in all honesty was the Chizik hire. Then, as Chizik started hiring these awesome coaches, the picture became substantially more clear that he hired a coach for a little cheaper than normal and brought in the best staff money could buy. I have to agree with you because although at times it seemed that he was a complete moron, lately it seems he is on his game.

I don't see what the big deal is.  UCLA is a pretty good team, but it ain't like they're Texas or USC or Oklahoma... one of the true perennial powerhouses.  UCLA has big-name recognition, and a game vs. them in Atlanta wouldn't suck, but so what?!  With the direction Auburn is now heading, we'll be able to schedule who/when/where we want to in a couple of years.The PAC-10 is overrated, IMO, and like I've said before, let the media say what they want, 'cause they'll all be eating those words soon enough.  UCLA?, who needs 'em?

WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would be sad is for Alabama or another SEC team to agree to play UCLA to start 2010. That would be another slap in our face since we had a great shot at playing them instead of Ark. State or La-Monroe yet again.

One of the biggest thing I questioned in all honesty was the Chizik hire.

Do you still question his hiring?

No not at all, quite the contrary. At first I was angry but after I heard Chizik speak and after I heard what all the past Auburn players were saying about him, I changed my mind. I think Chizik was the best hire we could have possibly made. Chizik is the freaking man!  :we:

This was posted on another AU website. I didn't post it if any of you think I did.

I don't know about CGC but I can tell you that Tubs didn't have much voice in scheduling. I doubt CGC is wanting to take on JJ this early in the game. Sure adding UCLA to our 2010 schedule would make things tougher. Are we afraid to play a tougher sdchedule? JJ is just a puppet for the PTB but he does have lots of leeway in scheduling. This is a real blown opportunity IMHO. Another in a long string of JJ screwups. Playing in the Ga. Dome on national TV would have been a big plus. It sure hasn't hurt bama. And JJ has the gall to say that date was taken by Arky St.? Give me a break, He could reschedule them in a heartbeat if he wanted to. He could even give them their payday and still make money off the UCLA game.

It's in the Huntsville Times today so we get more bad publicity.

Jay Jacobs has a contract to uphold with every team set in our schedule. I think that its good that Jacobs kept his word to those schools.

Remember, so far Jacobs proved us all wrong with Chizik. I was one of the few that believed but so far, it looks as though Auburn will have the last laugh when all is said and done.

Jacobs has had a lot of success with AU since he got here not just with football but also with a lot of other sports and he's done it the right way, the Auburn way. He runs a squeeky (sp?) clean program and that is something that not a lot of other schools can brag about.

Chizik has not coached a single game for us. I hope he turns out to be a great fit. But as of now, JJ hasn't proved he made the correct call just yet.

What are the real chances of us getting a 2 game home/home series with UCLA after 2010? Since JJ said no to playing them Atlanta to open 2010, I really hope we will schedule a series with UCLA starting around 2011 or 2012.

Guest auburn warrior

i agree with sportstalk i dont like some of the decision jay has made but he is a true auburn tiger , and for all of you bashing him about the scheduling heres something that'll maybe silence ya i read this past summer that we talked with notre dame about a home and home but they wanted it on neutral fields one in atlanta and one in the colts stadium so we said no way

Did any of you read what Kevin Scarbinsky wrote in todays Bham News? he hit it right it's head. He's not the only person talking about Jacobs saying no thank to open 2010 against UCLA. Kevin really blasted Jacobs.

And some of you thought I was tough on Jacobs. Hey, I don't come close to what Kevin has been saying.

Kevin is a Bammer!! Come on....you can't figure that out yourself.....he and Slimbaum both bash Auburn every chance they get!

Everyone knows that hiring Chizik hasnt proven anything AS OF NOW, right? After 2004, you would think that would have learned a little bit more, or even looking at the past few champs, that you can lose a game or two and still get in b/c on non-conference. I do have a real question for a lot you guys though. When does just being an Auburn man qualify you for anything? I have an uncle who graduated from AU, donates to AU, has sat in the same seat at JHS for basically EVERY home game for the past 30 yrs. He is one hell of an Auburn man, but I wouldn't want him as our AD. You know? I just don't like the "he is a true Auburn man" as an excuse to keep him.

Kevin really blasted Jacobs.

Kevin didn't try to insult Jay, he tried to insult Auburn.

Archived