The latest from Marcus Lattimore

AUSportTalk

"We had breakfast of champions last week. I had to get up at 4:30 every day and pickup two of my teammates. We started at 5:40 every morning. They had us going through hell this year. It was tough. This was the toughest we have gone through.

We did a lot of team building. Now the younger guys understand it takes the whole team. That was one of our problems. We have been in the paper too much for bad stuff. That will be different this year.

We maxed out the week before last. I got 280 on the bench and 440 on the squat. I ran a 4.45 and had a 38 inch vertical. I also had a 10 foot 1 inch broad and a 280 power clean.

Tennessee came by last week for the breakfast of the champions. Coach Reaves was there the whole day. He watched us in PE class later in the day. Tennessee was there all day Thursday.

A lot of teams came by that week. Rutgers, North Carolina and East Carolina were by. There were a lot of division II teams by to see some of my teammates. We will probably have more teams by next week when we start practices.

I talked to coach Steve Spurrier this week. It went good. We were just talking about the offense at South Carolina. They have put in a new package for Stephon Gilmore and they are going to make the running game more of a priority. I am going to go up in late May and learn more about the offense.

I called the coaches from Auburn. I had a good talk with them.

I also talked with coach John Blake and coach Butch Davis from North Carolina. I have a good relationship with both of them and now with the running back coach. I am looking forward to going up there in late May.

Nothing has really changes as far as my leaders, but I am going to North Carolina and I have a feeling I am going to really like it there. Auburn is still at the top, followed by Florida State and Georgia.

We took my mom to Copper River for Mother's Day. She had like three or four cakes. Everybody brought her a cake.

I am real excited about practice starting. I am ready to get back on the grass. I am ready to see how our offensive line looks right now. I want to see how they will progress.

We are going to Oregon again for their passing league. We went there last year. We were like one for five. We are ready to redeem ourselves.

i was told there were over 100 people there to watch Marcus at their 1st day of spring practice,,Remember this is high school..Lots of recruiters there too,,Notre Dame, FSU, among others...Sporttalk, see what he said about Reaves with Tenn?...They are after him in a big way,,,,Im going to see him next week

After Tenn signing Oku & Brown, I would think it would be hard for Tenn to tell another 5 star RB he'll see lots of playing time in the near future if they sign with Kiffin.

Lattimore isn't the only player on that team that schools are looking at - some top prospects on the other side of the ball. 

I'm with auburn4ever.  What running back with half a chance to make an impact would want to go to TN next year, with Brown and Oku just getting started...?

In my opinion he called the AU coaches because he may have been swayed by all this attention he's been getting and having some doubts..I think he just wanted to be reassured about something....Ive also been told several times by a big Byrnes booster that he will ultimately go to UNC...I hope not...dont shoot the messenger

Im still hearing So Carolina. I know that he's listing AU, GA, and FSU, but ultimately, I'm hearing that his family is pushing him to USC-E.

My Byrnes booster contact tells me FSU did their own "tomahawk prowl" last week sending 5 coaches to watch marcus..There are also other guys on defense, willis i think, thats getting alot of looks...

I still think we should do a Tiger Prowl to go to those out of state schools as well as in state. Heck, we should do Tiger Prowl twice a year from now on.

Archived