Lattimore

Denton

Anybody know what's changed ML's mind?  From what I understand about the BCW everything went great for these kids, Lattimore included.  Apparently, at least for Lattimore, something went wrong.  Consequently, does this say anything about Seastrunk coming here?  I mean, what with all the talk of Auburn being the only school they'd play for together.  Or did Seastrunk, perhaps, overshadow him?

This is his blog entry from today......

I just got back from Auburn a couple of hours ago. I had a good time. The whole weekend was great. We got there about 9 on Friday. It wasn’t like a regular visit. We just hung out with each other. There were a bunch of guys there. Eric Mack was down there also.

I came down with my mom, my step dad and Dean Davis. Dean is helping me with the recruiting process.

Auburn is no longer my leader. After the visit I thought about it. I have no leader right now, but I have narrowed it down to eight schools. My final eight schools are Auburn, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida State, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson and Maryland.

It was hard to cut schools. It really was, but I needed to start. Georgia was one of my leaders, but they didn’t make it. When I went down there I just couldn’t see myself living there.

I am going to try to get some places this summer. I know I am going to go to Penn State, North Carolina, South Carolina and Clemson.

We will be starting up 7-on-7 tournaments in June. We are going to Newberry, Laurens, Greenville and Charlotte for tournaments. We are going out to Oregon for in July for their team event.

Clemson is still one of my schools. They send me letters every day. I know it is a great opportunity for me. I really like the staff at Clemson. I get letters from them all the time.

Wednesday is the last day of school. I can’t wait to get out.

Yeah, I read that earlier. I will see if I can get some details on what is going on. Obviously something happen, at least he is being open-minded and not just committing before he thinks it over. We also made the cut so as of right now I wouldn't read into it too much.

All I was told was not to worry about Lattimore and that we were still his number 1 by far. 

That's what everyone was saying, but obviously, something's up for him to leave, go home, and then post this....

I don't have a good feeling about our chances with ML now. If we were still on top, why would he blatantly come out  and say, "Auburn is no longer my leader", or whatever it was that he said????? WTF?

I still like our chances. If we made the cut then I still feel good about our chances to land him. He just has to take a step back and make sure he doesn't get the drunk goggles (Seeing only one school). He needs to evaluate all the schools and make sure he makes the right decision for himself. Again, don't read too much into this b/c things are still bright for Auburn and Lattimore.

LOL,...I want him to have the "drunk goggles", and only see one school,...... kinda like ME!!!  :we:

Maybe he is scared that the things that were said on Saturday night prematurely let the cat out of the bag.

Maybe he is scared that the things that were said on Saturday night prematurely let the cat out of the bag.

Things that were said???

Second-hand swiping from tigerdroppings....

Interesting.  He likes the coaches everywhere else except here.  Or at least he mentions the coaches at every other "top eight" school.   

And Maryland, "they need backs."  Maybe he really doesn't like the idea of sharing.

Alabama: "They run the football. I like coach [burton] Burns. He and my offensive coordinator are good friends. He has told me how good of a person and coach he is. Nick Saban says enough."

Auburn: "The fans really are the main reason I like Auburn. All the traditions they have there is great. They stress family. I come from a similar offense, and it would be an easy transition."

Clemson: "It's right here, not too far away. I like the coaches. I like their running game. Some of my teammates are up there now. It would be good to play with them again."

Florida State: "Coach Carter is my man. He is my favorite coach. I have a really good relationship with him and coach Fisher. I like what coach Fisher did at LSU. I like the coaching staff really. I like the offense they run. It's appealing to me."

Maryland: "I talk to the offensive coordinator [James Franklin] and running backs coach [John Donovon]. I also talk to the head coach [Ralph Friedgen and coach [Al] Seamonson. They run a Pro-style offense, and they need backs. That’s one thing that appeals to me about them. They have a lot of big alums."

North Carolina: "I like coach Butch Davis, coach Blake and the running backs coach [Ken Browning]. Coach Davis has had the most first rounders out of all the coaches I named. They run a Pro-style offense, not that far from home. It would be good to say you started the running back thing at UNC."

Penn State: "I haven't visited, but I know they run the football. I have heard about the fans. I was talking to Khairi Fortt. He talked about the fans and tradition. They have Joe Paterno. It would be great to play for him."

South Carolina: "I like coach Graham. I am anxious to see how their running game is going to look this year. They were one of my favorites at one time. I still like them, but want to see how they do this year. They have a lot of tradition."

LOL Denton,.... I came back over here to post the same thing. BTW, others, from other boards, are now speculating that FSU may now be at the top for ML,...  :dunno: Who knows,..... this is June, there is still A LOT of time between now and NSD!! I just hope we land one of the top classes. Would LOVE to have everyone that was there this weekend though. WDE!!!

LOL Denton,.... I came back over here to post the same thing. BTW, others, from other boards, are now speculating that FSU may now be at the top for ML,...  :dunno: Who knows,..... this is June, there is still A LOT of time between now and NSD!! I just hope we land one of the top classes. Would LOVE to have everyone that was there this weekend though. WDE!!!

Like I said before DONT read into everything right now. He took the "Drunk Goggles" off. Give the guy some time, if Auburn was as great as he said twice then things will shape up. Just give it some time.

I was under the impression that Florida State was on probation! Why in God's green earth do all these kids keep talking about going to FSU? What kind of exposure are you gonna get from a program on probation?

Maybe he knows that Seastrunk is for sure coming to Auburn and the only thing he has to figure out is if he wants to come too along with another high profile running back.  You know they did discuss the thoughts of coming to the same school. 

Maybe he knows that Seastrunk is for sure coming to Auburn and the only thing he has to figure out is if he wants to come too along with another high profile running back.  You know they did discuss the thoughts of coming to the same school.   

Yeah, either way we will land 2 Great RB's so it doesn't matter. Plus, if you are going to a big-time program you are more than likely gonna be competing with big-time RB's so why does it matter if there is another top RB coming here?

WDE01, yeah, sorry about that.  Funny.  So you lurk over there too, huh?  Tigerdroppings?  Good site for Auburn info, isn't it?  They're so freaked we're pulling it together, freaked as much as, well, right behind the Bammers.  Lattimore or no Lattimore.  We're gonna get ours, and they know it.  Welcome back to the Plains, Michael Dyer.

Yeah, either way we will land 2 Great RB's so it doesn't matter. Plus, if you are going to a big-time program you are more than likely gonna be competing with big-time RB's so why does it matter if there is another top RB coming here?

I was just saying that maybe that is the difference of him making the statement that Auburn is no longer his leader.

Well with Lache so high up on the list and Mack Brown having Auburn really high as well.  What is Lattimore to think?  Auburn could end up with 3-5 high profile running backs (Seastrunk, Brown, Lattimore, and the guy from Opelika, as well as whoever else they get during the season) so I really dont know.  It probably was best for Lattimore to take a look at other schools.  As long as he doesnt go to Alabama.....

Archived