First Annual "Big Cats" Recruiting Weekend Roundup Part Two

AUSportTalk

Two JUCO defensive players made their way to the Plains this past weekend to check out the Tigers and the "Big Cats" weekend. Ken Adams left very high on Auburn. Adams orginally signed with Auburn in 2008 out of Enterprise High School and all signs point toward Adams signing with Auburn again in 2010. Dquan Menzie, a 6-foot 195 lb defensive back from Columbus, Ga. that is currently attending Copiah Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss with Adams. Menzie left the Plains high on the Tigers but it looks like Southern Miss is the team to beat.

LB Jake Holland, an Auburn commitment, made the trip to Auburn to help recruit some of these big time prospects to play with him next year. He was very impressed with all of the recruits that Auburn invited. "Lache is a very high energy guy," Holland said. Holland also went on to say the he believes that Auburn is #1 right now for LaDarius Owens. "It was a great day for Auburn." He said he doesn't plan on attending any summer camps but does plan to make a trip to the Plains sometime this summer to check in on potential recruits.

LB Jawara White said he really enjoyed his visit to Auburn for the "Big Cats" weekend. "I really enjoyed it, I hung out with LaDarius Owens, Nigel Terrell, and some other," said White. "We just chilled out and played some games, we all enjoyed it." White is very high on the Tigers and it definitely helps that former Charles Henderson standout, Zac Etheridge, talks highly of the new coaching staff and the direction of the Tigers every chance he gets. I really like Auburn's chances to land White.

#2 LB in the country, Khairi Fortt, made the very long trip to Auburn from Stamford, Conn. "It was well worth the long trip," said Fortt. "It was very exciting. I love the campus and the stadium is awesome!" He said that Auburn was definitely up toward the top of his list and he would strongly consider them.

Big-Time DT, Kenneth Carter, made the trip to the Plains from Grennville, AL this past weekend. Carter said he really enjoyed himself. He said he loved everything from all the contests to meeting all the great coaches. He raved about Coach Rocker. "He's a real cool coach," said Carter. It looks like it will come down to an in-state battle for Carter. As of right now, Auburn and Alabama are neck and neck.

Banneker WR, an Auburn commitment, Shaun Kitches also made the trip to Auburn for the "Big Cats" Recruiting Weekend. He said he spent a lot of time with Big-Time RB Marcus Lattimore. He said this visit was like none other. It wasn't about football, it was about having fun and getting to know other potential Auburn players. He also said that he will continue to recruit great recruits to Auburn because he wants to be part of a top class in 2010.

The Nations #6 OG, Eric Mack, made the trip to Auburn this past weekend. It was his second trip to the Plains this year, but who would have known that the second trip could top the first one. He left Auburn after the first trip saying "Auburn is a place I could see myself playing, it felt like home." Mack and his mother toured the campus and checked out the psychology department. "She really liked it," Mack said. They also made the trip to Toomer's Corner for the rolling of the tree. "It was a great experience and it was very loud." Mack left Auburn on Sunday and named Auburn his leader.

LaDarius Owens left Auburn on Sunday with a very good impression of Auburn. He said that he had a couple of other schools he wanted to visit before he made a decision or decided to narrow the list down. As of right now, Auburn is in great position for Owens. Big Cat RB Seastrunk was heard saying this phrase on Saturday Night about Owens. "Hey Saban! You're S.O.L," said Seastrunk.

Archived