Pondering the Improbable

auadmin

First time on board, so hello and happy new year.  I am joining  this wonderful site by diving in with a question for the AU faithful.  a truism in football is that runningbacks are like tires; they have a limited treadlife and if you don't rotate tires regularly, they will wear down prematurely.  One of the things that NFL scouts liked about Brown and Caddy in '05 was that they had shared duties in the backfield and therefore still had lots of miles (carries) left in their frame.  Even with the commitment of Dyer, could our coaches be pondering and even selling the idea to  Seastrunk and Lattimore that three backs could share duties in the AU backfield and preserve their bodies for the rigors of NFL?  Ponder this idea with me as we try to figure out how the final few spots are filled by this amazing staff.  Godspeed and War Eagle!

First time on board, so hello and happy new year.  I am joining  this wonderful site by diving in with a question for the AU faithful.  a truism in football is that runningbacks are like tires; they have a limited treadlife and if you don't rotate tires regularly, they will wear down prematurely.  One of the things that NFL scouts liked about Brown and Caddy in '05 was that they had shared duties in the backfield and therefore still had lots of miles (carries) left in their frame.  Even with the commitment of Dyer, could our coaches be pondering and even selling the idea to  Seastrunk and Lattimore that three backs could share duties in the AU backfield and preserve their bodies for the rigors of NFL?  Ponder this idea with me as we try to figure out how the final few spots are filled by this amazing staff.  Godspeed and War Eagle!

Makes sense to me!!!  The day of the player getting 35 to 45 carries a ballgame is probably long gone.  Now its specialties and situational football.  All 3 RBs can do specific things well and good things elsewhere.  That would be an absolute coo if ML and LS came to Auburn.  I don't see it, but yet again it would be a nice thing to pull that rabbit out of the hat!

WDE!!!

With Cam in the mix the running backs will share that much more, along with McCalleb, Lutzenkirchen and Gulley in the mix as well. I don't think they'll be a problem with running backs getting banged up next year. Our OL will be good enough to open holes that will be big enough to drive a 1970 Cadillac through. We are going to be in great shape, don't you worry none.

Welcome to the board.... I think Auburn has shown throughout the years that 2-3 top running backs can work.... whether or not Lattimore and Seastrunk want to share time remains to be seen, but Dyer has been trying to help recruit them so he sees the potential.

I personally enjoyed watching Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, and William Andrews play together in the late '70's.....

:we:

apparently there are a lot of good backs in the 2011 class so if we don't land LS or ML we have plenty to choose from next year

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wedance: :wedance:

I think your on to something admin. ;D

Welcome to Auburn Eagle auadmin!!!

I don't see Auburn getting all three, both because of the improbability of it and because of the numbers, but as I said a few minutes ago, I wouldn't put anything past these coaches...

Honestly, that sounds like a good idea, but i dont think they will have the stats they wouldve liked by doing that.

Archived