Softball Adds Another JC All-American

tigerscoach

Kelley Smiley, a 2nd Team NFCA All-American last year at Indian River State College in Florida has signed with the Tigers and is enrolled for the spring.

Smiley is the 2nd JC All-American the Tigers have brought in this year, joining Caitlin Stangl, a 1st Team NFCA All-American from Yavapai College in Arizona.

Smiley is an infielder that hit .425 last year with 51 runs scored, 26 RBI's, 12 doubles, 8 triples and stole 35 bases in 43 chances.

Softball is the best women's sport.  It is also much more exciting than baseball.  Coach Deese really needs to step up the program to compete with UAT.  It sounds like she is bringing in some good JUCO talent. 

You take softball over basketball? hmm Auburn womens swimming is dominant

Yep!!

Of course my daughter has played softball for 16 years including two years of JUCO and is now a junior at a D3 school and still playing. 

• 1 month later...

Softball is the best women's sport.  It is also much more exciting than baseball.  Coach Deese really needs to step up the program to compete with UAT.   It sounds like she is bringing in some good JUCO talent. 

I agree. The women's NCAA World Series each year is exciting to watch.  I have watched it the last three years.  Very entertaining. 

Softball is the best women's sport.  It is also much more exciting than baseball.  Coach Deese really needs to step up the program to compete with UAT.   It sounds like she is bringing in some good JUCO talent. 

Nothing about softball is better than baseball but thats what opinions are for.  ;D

Nothing about softball is better than baseball but thats what opinions are for.  ;D

Fastpitch Softball is a much faster game with more strategy than Baseball.  I have spent many, many, many hours watching and coaching both and to me Softball is the better game.  But, as you said, we all have our opinions.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived