BCS stings AU in my 2005 season!

How funny is this...AU finishes 3rd in the BCS in my first season of NCAA 2005.

LSU finished the season with one loss (to Auburn) and finished 1st in the BCS. But couldnt even compete for their conference title because AU won the west.

AU went on to beat South Carolina and have to play boston college in Sugar.

For the record, had I beaten LSU, AU would have gone to the big dance...hahaha.

I thought the BCS tweaks were supposed to keep this kinda thing from happening again...it even happens in VIDEOGAMES!

Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff!

Ha.

A few years into my dynasty, a #4 ranked FSU got a rose bowl bid against #1 mich. They won, so there was a mnc with a 9-3 record. 5 teams had a better record than the noles after the bowl games. Go figure.

Something funny I saw on the SI page. Towards the end of the dynasty, I took a job a meechigen and then simed 4-5 seasons. Just before the conf. championship games in 2009 I checked SI and the cover was a bama player hitting a cinncinatti player with the headline "Tide and Bearcats tangle for SEC crown, again." I checked the conf. standings and cinn. was still in C-USA, but SI (solidifying their hold on misinformation) had em' playing for the SEC title, again. Too strange.

BTW, create-a-team is a little better now, too.

Yeah on the cover of SI for the awards at the end of the year it said "Alabama kicker wins award for best offensive lineman in the country"

And there was a picture of Wesley Britt...hehe

Yeah on the cover of SI for the awards at the end of the year it said "Alabama kicker wins award for best offensive lineman in the country"

And there was a picture of Wesley Britt...hehe

Ha thats crazy bg...

I am sitting at 9-0 in my first season.. I have started to play uga 3 times but have gotten tired of playing them ha.. I need to finish them off.

Auburn is #2 right now.. YAYYYY

WAR EAGLE FOREVER

• 8 months later...
How funny is this...AU finishes 3rd in the BCS in my first season of NCAA 2005.

LSU finished the season with one loss (to Auburn) and finished 1st in the BCS. But couldnt even compete for their conference title because AU won the west.

AU went on to beat South Carolina and have to play boston college in Sugar.

For the record, had I beaten LSU, AU would have gone to the big dance...hahaha.

I thought the BCS tweaks were supposed to keep this kinda thing from happening again...it even happens in VIDEOGAMES!

Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff Playoff!

82017[/snapback]

.....eeeeeeerie........

"Auburn Senior Rosegreen wins Defensive Player of Year Award"

I think that's my favorite SI headline from that game. Also, if you play a franchise over again from 2004, check out your end-of-year recruiting class. I got a high school kid out of Kansas, lowly-touted, named Dwayne Wise, who was an outfielder for the Braves in 2004.

Funny stuff. Wise set the NCAA career INT record by the time he was through.

Just a video game.. right?

I went 12-1 with Auburn in my 2005 season, losing only to LSU 17-14 on a last second TD. It didn't keep me out of the SEC title game though as I beat UGA for the second time to win the title.

There were no undefeated teams so the regular season ended with Auburn, Oklahoma, USC and Miami all with one loss each. And the BCS title game bids went to.....

#1 Auburn and #2 Oklahoma

I beat Oklahoma 33-17 in the Orange Bowl to win the national championship.

Carnell won the Heisman and rushed for 1300 yds.

Ronnie rushed for over 1000 yds

Obomanu had over 1000 yds receiving and left early for the NFL.

The AU defense only gave up an average of 165 yds of total offense for the year. No one scored over 20 on us the entire year (UGA-1st game). Three others scored 17 (LSU, UT, and Oklahoma). I had 4 shutouts.

I got the game the day it came out and won 3 straight national championships. Carnell broke almost every record possible because I wouldnt sub and he got like a million carries. I got bored so I made a dynasty with Alabama State and UAB. If you wont more of a challenge change the skill level to All-American or Heisman.

I got the game the day it came out and won 3 straight national championships. Carnell broke almost every record possible because I wouldnt sub and he got like a million carries. I got bored so I made a dynasty with Alabama State and UAB. If you wont more of a challenge change the skill level to All-American or Heisman.

152635[/snapback]

Actually, I did mine on All-American. I either need to bump to Heisman or tick the sliders up a little in AA. First, I'll see how I do without my entire backfield and my #1 receiver and CB.

Is it just me or does everyone else always have South Carolina doing really well in their NCAA 2005 games?

It was odd....I was UGA, AU, and UF....and everytime I would play them...they would be in the Top 10

Talk about unrealistic

Is it just me or does everyone else always have South Carolina doing really well in their NCAA 2005 games?

It was odd....I was UGA, AU, and UF....and everytime I would play them...they would be in the Top 10

Talk about unrealistic

153628[/snapback]

Everytime I'd start a new season, it seemed like it was always Ole Miss that was in my top 10.

Archived