My top 3 would be these guys

auburn4ever

What is the fascination with Person?  What in his resume makes us think he would be a great coach?  Can he even be considered since he doesn't have a degree? 

What is the fascination with Person?   What in his resume makes us think he would be a great coach?   Can he even be considered since he doesn't have a degree? 

Well, off the top of my head. 1) He is a AU man- and one of the few former BB players with solid NBA success. 2) He is from the state of Alabama (playing HS ball at Brantley) and might have a decent chance to tap into all the great in-state players that we almost never can get. 3) He has name recognition and solid NBA contacts which could help in enticing top level talent. 4) He would probably come at a reasonable price if coaching on the college level was something he was interested in. 5) He has to be better than Lebo for sure.

What makes us think he wouldn't be a great coach? Just because he hasnt' proven it on the college level doesn't mean he couldn't be super successful. We don't exactly have a track record of hiring the John Wooden's of college basketball- we could do much worse than The Rifleman that's for sure.

What is the fascination with Person?   What in his resume makes us think he would be a great coach?   Can he even be considered since he doesn't have a degree? 

Well, off the top of my head. 1) He is a AU man- and one of the few former BB players with solid NBA success. 2) He is from the state of Alabama (playing HS ball at Brantley) and might have a decent chance to tap into all the great in-state players that we almost never can get. 3) He has name recognition and solid NBA contacts which could help in enticing top level talent. 4) He would probably come at a reasonable price if coaching on the college level was something he was interested in. 5) He has to be better than Lebo for sure.

What makes us think he wouldn't be a great coach? Just because he hasnt' proven it on the college level doesn't mean he couldn't be super successful. We don't exactly have a track record of hiring the John Wooden's of college basketball- we could do much worse than The Rifleman that's for sure.

i agree NoALtiger!

Archived