Dewayne Reed

AuburnTigers1

I know all of you have noticed how terrible Reed has been playing this year. He is always taking bad shots and making bad decisions. I believe there is a reason he's always trying to be the hero. Rewind to last years NIT. Auburn was one of the hottest teams in the country going in. They won a few games and made it to the final 8 teams. Baylor comes into Auburn with the same kind of late season success. The game was close down to the wire. Auburn took the last shot. Reed was fouled on the play and got 2 free throws with about a second on the clock down by one. He clanked both of them and Auburn lost. That leads me to my point of trying to be the hero. I think he is trying to do everything he can to make that mistake go away. Unfortunately for Auburn, it is causing him to play selfish individual basketball. Which in turn is hurting us game in and game out. Personally I think it's too late to fix it. I wish something would happen though. He has cost Auburn at least 3 SEC games this year! 

Trust me, I agree with you about Lebo. He is less than an average coach. However he's not the one out there driving on the big men trying to throw up crazy shots or running down court and heaving up a 3 with a person in his face 5 feet behind the line. 

Reed played the exact same way last year we just had Quantez Robertson that usually handled the point so it wasnt as obviouse.  The couple of games I have watched (I live in TX and dont see many) it seems that everyone is concerned about getting their points JMO.

I know all of you have noticed how terrible Reed has been playing this year. He is always taking bad shots and making bad decisions. I believe there is a reason he's always trying to be the hero. Rewind to last years NIT. Auburn was one of the hottest teams in the country going in. They won a few games and made it to the final 8 teams. Baylor comes into Auburn with the same kind of late season success. The game was close down to the wire. Auburn took the last shot. Reed was fouled on the play and got 2 free throws with about a second on the clock down by one. He clanked both of them and Auburn lost. That leads me to my point of trying to be the hero. I think he is trying to do everything he can to make that mistake go away. Unfortunately for Auburn, it is causing him to play selfish individual basketball. Which in turn is hurting us game in and game out. Personally I think it's too late to fix it. I wish something would happen though. He has cost Auburn at least 3 SEC games this year! 

I agree he choked during the Baylor game for sure, but in regards to his overall play, I think most of it is that he is just an extremely average 6'0" point guard who is lucky he is going to get a free degree from my great University. He is a lucky man because if we had a decent program, he wouldn't even be here. WDE.

Archived