Opelika-Auburn News Interview after Alabama game

wrdmegle

http://www2.oanow.com/oan/oasports/C723/

The Highlights that bothered me:

Q: What’s your mindset heading into the SEC Tournament when it comes to your job security?

A: I don’t worry about that. I’m worried about my team. We’ve got to get ready for a game and that’s my plan and where 100 percent of my effort is going to be.

Q: Is it a distraction at all to the team?

(He doesn’t know)

-----------------------

He's worried about the team and he's getting them ready, but he has no idea if any of the talk is a distraction.  Not good times. 

It's just standard coach-speak.  What would you expect him to say to the press?

:dunno:

Guest auburn warrior

i think lebo knows that he is probably gone, and the players probably know it too but , you cant expect lebo to come in every week and say dont expect me to be your coach tomorrow, it would just distract the players that much more

You don't say much as a coach in that situation because if you say the wrong thing, that Will become a distraction for you team and you don't need that going into the conference tournament.

regardless of what we may think, he still has a job to do, and im sure hes focused on that for now... there is a time and place for that kind of talk and he handled it the way he should have.

regardless of what we may think, he still has a job to do, and im sure hes focused on that for now... there is a time and place for that kind of talk and he handled it the way he should have.

Amen Brother I thought he handled the question well

Archived