Big-time Hitters

SuperFlyEagle

If big hitters can play offense too, then Wallace Clark,and Brandon Johnson deserve to be recognized.Although A little before my time,My dad always used to talk about Jackie Burkett,Zeke Smith,and Big Ben Preston.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heath Evans laid a lick, too.

Brandon Johnson and Jake Slaughter both were beast at FB

Brandon Johnson was one tough guy.  His family were all oystermen from south Mobile county.  There were some great articles in the Mobile paper about him, including giving himself a tattoo with a needle

ken Bernich,David Langner,Mike Neel,Danny Skutack, and Fast Freddie Smith,off the top of my head.

good first post my friend

Thanx. I read this site religiously,but absolutely hate to type. much more of a listener than talker. I have to agree with many of you here,Mike Kolen was one bad dude,but pound for pound David Langner was the toughest SOB I have ever seen on the hallowed grass of Jordan Hare.

My Dad says that Langner was THE MEANEST player he has ever seen play,tough as nails.

For my money,Gregg Carr and Curt Crain were great hitters.

Those are good ones but Danny Skutak was the meanest human being I ever met.  Glad he was on our side...

ken Bernich,David Langner,Mike Neel,Danny Skutack, and Fast Freddie Smith,off the top of my head.

good first post my friend

Thanx. I read this site religiously,but absolutely hate to type. much more of a listener than talker. I have to agree with many of you here,Mike Kolen was one bad dude,but pound for pound David Langner was the toughest SOB I have ever seen on the hallowed grass of Jordan Hare.

My Dad says that Langner was THE MEANEST player he has ever seen play,tough as nails.

For my money,Gregg Carr and Curt Crain were great hitters.

Not meanest but he was the dirtiest player.

Whhooo!!The dirtiest player in the game

Ken Bernich was a headhunter.

Langner was a "cheapshot artist"......I loved watching him play.  He played within the rules of the game.  He played whistle to whistle and cleaned up on guys standing around the piles. 

Bo Jackson...

anyone want to stand in front of him after he has gotten a head of steam?

Had a friend that was 6'3" 255 DE, which was a good size in the early 80's, to try and walk on at Auburn.  He said that at the first scrimmage all he remembers is a toss sweep to Bo coming to his side.  When he woke up, he got his helmet and went back to the clubhouse and never went back.  He said he still gets a headache thinking about it.

:timeout:

Also what about Brandon Jacobs?  He was a monster on the return team.  Wish he would have stayed.

Bo Jackson...

anyone want to stand in front of him after he has gotten a head of steam?

Had a friend that was 6'3" 255 DE, which was a good size in the early 80's, to try and walk on at Auburn.  He said that at the first scrimmage all he remembers is a toss sweep to Bo coming to his side.  When he woke up, he got his helmet and went back to the clubhouse and never went back.  He said he still gets a headache thinking about it.

:timeout:

Also what about Brandon Jacobs?  He was a monster on the return team.  Wish he would have stayed.

Do you blame him? He was sitting behind the two guys I voted for at running back on the All-Decade team...he could either transfer or play sparingly. Considering his success in the NFL, I think he probably made the right choice.

Archived