Lebo is gone....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Autiger88

I wish Lebo Luck and Hope we find somebody quickly to bring brightness to our B-Ball program like Chizik has done with our football program. :wareagle::believe:

As always, ST was spot on with this one.  Good luck to Coach Lebo in his future endeavors.  This one has been a tough one for me.  Coach Lebo is a quality coach, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't worked out.  Also, some very quality individuals are now officially out of work.  That saddens me, but hopefully they will all catch on somewhere.  Anyways, good luck to everyone leaving and here's to the future of Auburn Basketball.  Hopefully it will be a bright one with the Christening of a new arena just around the corner.

Yep. New arena. New coach. Five seniors are gone, so new players...It's going to be interesting to see.

Best of luck to Coach Lebo and all the staff. Coach Lebo has been a class act his whole time at Auburn and I wish him all the best in landing a new coaching job whereever that may be.  

War Eagle Coach!

:(     :(           :( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I agree that Lebo has had six years to turn it around.  But, what has he had in those six years to recruit to.  If you listen to the announcers on the SEC Tournament, they all say that Auburn has had the worst facilities in the conference.  Now we have a state of the art arena and basketball facilities and we let a good guy go.  I am not saying it wasn't time, just that should he be given a chance on an even playing field to recruit? 

I also saw where Brando said that no quality coach with a job right now would be interested in Auburn.  I hope that Jacobs has a plan and maybe already has had preliminary talks with agents of quality, proven head coaches.  The worst thing we can do is not have a plan and get a second or third tier Head Coach or even an unproven assistant coach. 

I think every intelligent AU basketball fan has to think about this. I mean...I feel the exact same way. The problem...and really the nail in the coffin in my opinion was this year. This year he had 5 seniors, all of which he recruited and we go 15-17 and 6-10 in the SEC. That was it. It had to be. You just can't suck that bad (record wise) with all of those seniors. Lebo has talked about how close we were in all these games, and overtime games etc. and if we'd just come out on the other end....Well when you've got 5 seniors, you've got to pull out some of those wins. You can't just continue to lose and show no signs of getting better. I feel like you I think....It sucks...But it had to be.

Well when you have 4 senior starters that all have good experience you are expected to do good. When you lose everything it takes a year or two to rebuild. We needed a new coach and Lebo was not making much progress in six years. Like it or not it is done and there is not need to keep whining about it.

Well when you have 4 senior starters that all have good experience you are expected to do good. When you lose everything it takes a year or two to rebuild. We needed a new coach and Lebo was not making much progress in six years. Like it or not it is done and there is not need to keep whining about it.

I dont recall whining, but If I did im sorry. I have said several times on here that I would understand if he got fired.

I just hope we replace him with somebody better.

where's ga?

[/quote  ill be right here next year... so I can listen to you complain about the next coach and what he does wrong

I wanna win, Lebo couldn't in 6 years so he had to go. I will cheer for whoever in O&B but I'm not a complainer, I want what's best for AU

where's ga?

[/quote  ill be right here next year... so I can listen to you complain about the next coach and what he does wrong

I wanna win, Lebo couldn't in 6 years so he had to go. I will cheer for whoever in O&B but I'm not a complainer, I want what's best for AU

I opened up a little bit... I actually admitted that Barbee seems like a good candidate :-X... There I said it. I will come around in due time.

where's ga?

I opened up a little bit... I actually admitted that Barbee seems like a good candidate :-X... There I said it. I will come around in due time.

:we: ga

I wish Coach Lebo and his family the best of everything! I would also like to thank him for all the hard work he put into Auburn, it just didn't work out.

Archived