Lebo is gone....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good choice. We're spending too much money on basketball to have subpar seasons year after year. Lebo is a good man but he just can't get it done at Auburn. Best of luck to him.

Good Luck Lebo, I've been harsh to the guy but we got to remember he is a good father and a great husband.  I wish him luck on finding a new job to support his family.  Sorry it didn't work out JL.

I also wish Auburn the best of luck in finding a new head coach

Chuck Person will be the next BB coach at Auburn. Not that I agree or disagree. Was he not at the SEC tournament last night?

He was at the SEC tournament as Auburn's representative in the "Legends" affair. I don't think his presence has anything to do with a coaching job, though I'd like to have him.

I like Lebo alot and hope he lands on his feet somewhere else.  I think he's a good guy and I love his passion during the games but I don't necessarily think he was a good coach or recruiter.  Although he did coach-up all the one, two and three star players he brought in. I hope he's able to go to a school in a smaller conference and find all the success in the world.

I felt horrible for Waller last night and the rest of the seniors too! :wareagle:

Just saw the news pop up while watching the tournament, guess JJ said it was time for the change. Lebo was a good man, hope everything turns out right for him. I hate seeing Lebo go out horribly, but I hate seeing our BBall program suffer more, A new beginning is about to start.

Thank goodness he is finally gone.  Sorry but he wasnt a good coach in any aspect.  Even with the new arena opening next year if AU had kept him they wouldve seen higher attendance figures at first as the students would want to see the new facilities,  but the students wouldnt have been there to see the team.  The attendance wouldve dropped off dramatically after the first couple losses and we wouldve had to suffer thru another season that wouldve been worse than this one.  With a new exciting hire as head coach Auburn has a bright future ahead.  PLEASE AUBURN GO GET TRAVIS FORD AND DONT SCREW THIS ONE UP HIRING A UNPROVEN COACH!!

Best of luck to Jeff. Now go out and get the best coach you can.

That's the thing. I'm not really upset that Lebo is gone, but I am a little worried if we can do any better. I know I'm supposed to be the resident sunshine pumper, but I don't think Chuck Person is a step up from Lebo, nor do I think a coach who's a fishing pole away from retirement is any better either. Now, even though I'm saying that, if we could get Bobby Knight I'd be eccstatic. But he's the exception because he'd have us on ESPN all the time. Maybe Double J can hit a homerun....my fiingers are crossed.

I hate to see JL go also, but it may have been time.  My worry is from what I understand, he had a good recruiting class coming in and how will that be effected.

Thank goodness he is finally gone.  Sorry but he wasnt a good coach in any aspect.  Even with the new arena opening next year if AU had kept him they wouldve seen higher attendance figures at first as the students would want to see the new facilities,  but the students wouldnt have been there to see the team.  The attendance wouldve dropped off dramatically after the first couple losses and we wouldve had to suffer thru another season that wouldve been worse than this one.  With a new exciting hire as head coach Auburn has a bright future ahead.  PLEASE AUBURN GO GET TRAVIS FORD AND DONT SCREW THIS ONE UP HIRING A UNPROVEN COACH!!

Is there any realistic shot of getting Ford?

The problem is Oklahoma State gets frequent 100 million donations from an Alumni and he LOVES their basketball program. They would beat any offer we could give

That's what I thought T Boone Pickens.  $$$$$$$$$$$

How about bring back Cliff Ellis from Coastal Carolina?  He did take us to 3 NCAA and 4 NIT tournaments in 10 years plus I miss the Cliff Dwellers!!! :thumbsup: .........All kidding aside, I hope we bring in a fairly young established coach who can recruit.  Someone who tag team with Coach Chizik on the limo tour.

As always, ST was spot on with this one.  Good luck to Coach Lebo in his future endeavors.  This one has been a tough one for me.  Coach Lebo is a quality coach, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't worked out.  Also, some very quality individuals are now officially out of work.  That saddens me, but hopefully they will all catch on somewhere.  Anyways, good luck to everyone leaving and here's to the future of Auburn Basketball.  Hopefully it will be a bright one with the Christening of a new arena just around the corner.

I hate to see JL go also, but it may have been time.  My worry is from what I understand, he had a good recruiting class coming in and how will that be effected.

The recruiting class already signed their LOI from the early recruiting signing period.  The top kid is Shawn Kemp Jr. and he'll be fine with the new coach.  We just better get someone in there asap.

I agree that Lebo has had six years to turn it around.  But, what has he had in those six years to recruit to.  If you listen to the announcers on the SEC Tournament, they all say that Auburn has had the worst facilities in the conference.  Now we have a state of the art arena and basketball facilities and we let a good guy go.  I am not saying it wasn't time, just that should he be given a chance on an even playing field to recruit? 

I also saw where Brando said that no quality coach with a job right now would be interested in Auburn.  I hope that Jacobs has a plan and maybe already has had preliminary talks with agents of quality, proven head coaches.  The worst thing we can do is not have a plan and get a second or third tier Head Coach or even an unproven assistant coach. 

Archived