Mary Kay LeTorneau

Should Mary Kay leTorneau be forbidden from seeing her fomer child lover (now age 21)?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mary Kay leTorneau be forbidden from seeing her fomer child lover (now age 21)?

• Yes
    • No

Mary Kay LeTorneau served seven years for having sex with and getting preggers (TWICE) by one of her 12 year old students. Now she is being released, at age 42. Her former child lover is now 21, a consenting adult, who wants to be with her full time. However, the judge stated that as part of her parole and as a condition of her release, she can have NO CONTACT with this guy. Is the judge out of line?

As for me, I say yes - the kid is a kid no longer. If they met this year, no crime has been committed. They also have two kids together, kids being raised by his parents. She served her sentence, and does not seem to be a "pedophile" in the sense that I don't think she would be a danger to another child - for whatever reason, she is in love with this guy only. If the kid is an adult wants to see her, what right does this judge have to keep them apart?

If they are both over 21 would a court impose any restrictions on them? Wouldn't the ACLU or someone be taking up their case?

I think the judge is out of line.

The Judge can do about whatever he wants initially with regards to setting conditions for probation if that is what this is about. However, that stipulation would probably get tossed pretty quick on appeal.

That is what I can't understand. Sure, what she did was disgusting and wrong. But now, the boy is a legal adult and if he wants to be around her, how can a judge tell him he can't? Heck, they have two kids together for crying out loud! I wonder if she will still want him since he is an old man now? <_< Sorry, could not help myself.

If she was paroled, the court has jurisdiction over her for the time period set and they can lay down some pretty odd rules. But, I agree, this one is out there and I can't see it sticking. Let em' have each other. Who's it hurting?

Can someone help me out with this?

She was in jail for 7.5 years.

They had 2 kids together.

A 7 year old, and a 5 year old???

How did the 5 year old happen? :confused:

Certainly they didnt allow visits by minors, especially the one she got in trouble with...

Can someone help me out with this?

She was in jail for 7.5 years.

They had 2 kids together.

A 7 year old, and a 5 year old???

How did the 5 year old happen? :confused:

Certainly they didnt allow visits by minors, especially the one she got in trouble with...

Boy do I feel stupid. I dod not think about that at all. That is a great question! They said he visited her at least twice a month while she was in prison. How did they have sex while she was in prison. Given the 5 year old's age, that means he was still a minor when they concieved the youngest!

Okay, I read more about what happened. She was put in jail only for a short period the first time. She got paroled, got caught with him again and then that is when she went to jail for 7.5 years.

I saw it on TV a few minutes after I posted that...

She said she was depressed or something after the first kid. She was sentenced to 6 months and was released. She got out and got pregnant again. Then she was sentenced to 7.5 years. Im not sure how her sentencing worked, I'm thinking she got out early.

I read and article on Fox News and it was written poorly. I think it meant the two children were allowed to visit every 2 months. I hope they didnt let the guy visit, at least until he turned 18.

I read and article on Fox News and it was written poorly. I think it meant the two children were allowed to visit every 2 months. I hope they didnt let the guy visit, at least until he turned 18.

That is were I read the article also. I thought it quite strange he was allowed to visit also. I bet it does mean the children were allowed to visit. Seeing how they are not supposed to see each other right now, it would be contradictory if you allowed those two to visit in prison. :lol:

Archived