AU will interview north texas coach Johnny Jones

brad4au

:dunno:

Not sure what to think about this one.  I guess I'll just wait and see when the AD dept. announces the decision.  JJ made the right choice with CGC, he'll do it again.

I never would have thought of Johnny Jones even if someone offered me a million dollars

with 25 picks he would not have ever crossed my mind.

When the Birmingham News first reported Lebo had been fired, Johnny Jones was on their initial list of five possible candidates. That's why it didn't shock me to see his name. I've also seen it on a couple of other blogs. He's not exactly who I want, but we'll see what happens.

Looks like we were WAY off on who we thought were gonna get the first interviews...

not barbee. not tubby. not anderson.

but Jones and the Houston coach

Majority of the football gurus were lead to believe that Turner Gill was a strong candidate until chiz swung through the back door... I think there is more to this than meets the eye... lets just wait and see what JJ does. This thing could be far from over.

We already have one JJ, we don't need two! I think Auburn can do better (no offense Johnny)

I think Auburn can do better (no offense Johnny)

I agree.  I had dreams of a Tubby Smith/Mike Anderson type hire, but I am guessing that JJ is going to try to go the same route he went with the football coach.  I will support whoever he gets, but I will be disappointed if it's not a splash hire. 

:(

Guerra Aguila, I have been thinking along those same lines.  We don't have a long term track record regarding any strategy JJ uses, but in the last high profile hire it seemed as though he kept us (or we kept ourselves) distracted while he went about finalizing his hire with CJC.  Also it could be that true to his word he will not comment on any rumor and we create all this distraction ourselves and feed off of it until he gets the job done.

Guerra Aguila, I have been thinking along those same lines.  We don't have a long term track record regarding any strategy JJ uses, but in the last high profile hire it seemed as though he kept us (or we kept ourselves) distracted while he went about finalizing his hire with CJC.  Also it could be that true to his word he will not comment on any rumor and we create all this distraction ourselves and feed off of it until he gets the job done.

I truly believe 95% of what we are hearing is just rumor and speculation.  JJ said we would hear all manner of rumor and that it would be mostly wrong or false.  It makes for great message board material to keep guessing, but in the end that is all it is.  Guessing.

With that said...JJ, get Tubby to Auburn, please!!!

Going all the way back to our football coaching search, I've had have a strong feeling that after these coaches are intervied by JJ, they leave telling themself their not going to work for an AD like him. Jay Jacobs is our #1 problem.

Just like our current football coach did????

Going all the way back to our football coaching search, I've had have a strong feeling that after these coaches are interviewed by JJ, they leave telling themselves their not going to work for an AD like him. Jay Jacobs is our #1 problem.

Don't you think if that were the case, you would have heard something in the press about it? 

:dunno:

Lets remember Gene was 5-19 and my guess is that some of the Iowa State people might have been wanting him out. I know some of us would want a coach gone if he went 5-19 after 2 years.

nice points, I dont think he should leak any information... the media will do nothing but just bash it just like they did Chizik.

we certainly dont need anymore fans at the air port booing.

I love me some Chiz, but seriously if it were not for the assistants he was able to get which led to the recruiting success, we all would still be sitting on the fence.

No question Chiz is surrounded by top class coaches, the statement i find "different" is that JJ is a problem. That is beyond the pale of reality,imo. Situations in our recent past, imo make JJ a big breath of fresh air.I'm happy to have him. Sure it's stiil early in CGC's tenure, but all signs point to us being a little more than ok. Just a plainly strange claim.

No question Cheez is surrounded by top class coaches, the statement i find "different" is that JJ is a problem. That is beyond the pale of reality,imo. Situations in our recent past, imo make JJ a big breath of fresh air.I'm happy to have him. Sure it's stiil early in CGC's tenure, but all signs point to us being a little more than ok. Just a plainly strange claim.

me too I like JJ

Archived