Coaching Search Update

AUSportTalk

I know there is a rumor going around that Barbee is the man but he has not been hired. Jay Jacobs will be conducting several interviews this week. You will hear several names pop up every day. With that being said, I do believe that Barbee will be one of the top candidates. Barbee, Marlin, and Jones will all be interviewed this week.

Yep.  All I have been hearing is that the heat has been turned up for whatever reason with Barbee.  We'll continue to hear crazy stuff until a hire is made and depending on who it comes from, you just can't put much stock into it.  Just stay tuned is all I can say.

is it safe to assume that the talks with barbee are heating up b.c paul hewitt at ga. tech could be going to st. johns??  just saw a post on another site saying that atl and ny papers are reporting st. johns officials have contacted ga tech about hewitt......

Are you asking if we are turning the heat up on Barbee to try and lock him down before the GT job comes open?  I haven't heard anything about the two situations being related. 

I know there is a rumor going around that Barbee is the man but he has not been hired. Jay Jacobs will be conducting several interviews this week. You will hear several names pop up every day. With that being said, I do believe that Barbee will be one of the top candidates. Barbee, Marlin, and Jones will all be interviewed this week.

Yep.  All I have been hearing is that the heat has been turned up for whatever reason with Barbee.  We'll continue to hear crazy stuff until a hire is made and depending on who it comes from, you just can't put much stock into it.  Just stay tuned is all I can say.

is it safe to assume that the talks with barbee are heating up b.c paul hewitt at ga. tech could be going to st. johns??  just saw a post on another site saying that atl and ny papers are reporting st. johns officials have contacted ga tech about hewitt......

Are you asking if we are turning the heat up on Barbee to try and lock him down before the GT job comes open?  I haven't heard anything about the two situations being related. 

that is what i was wondering...thanks......

The dominos are falling!!  Hewitt to St. John's,  Tubby to Ga. Tech.  Now thins are starting to make sense.

No problem, man.  Anytime.  What you are saying would make sense if true.

yeah......barbee seems to be a popular pick as an up and comer and with GT most likely to be looking for another coach in the next few days it just kinda hit me when you said that about jj turnin up the heat on barbee........

yeah......barbee seems to be a popular pick as an up and comer and with GT most likely to be looking for another coach in the next few days it just kinda hit me when you said that about jj turnin up the heat on barbee........

Yeah.  Nice observation.

DePaul has Barbee as their number 1 candidate and they are planning on paying at a similar scale as the other BE coaches.

I think Auburn trumped DePaul.

;D

Archived