Coaching Search Update

AUSportTalk

I know there is a rumor going around that Barbee is the man but he has not been hired. Jay Jacobs will be conducting several interviews this week. You will hear several names pop up every day. With that being said, I do believe that Barbee will be one of the top candidates. Barbee, Marlin, and Jones will all be interviewed this week.

Sounds good, any chance Anderson could be interviewed

I think he may be interviewed but either way he will be a long shot.

He is the guy I really want. Love the way he coaches

He is the guy I really want. Love the way he coaches

I am with you on that one.  I think he or Tubby make it known that Auburn is serious about Basketball.  Anyone else such as Barbee, Marlin, or Jones are all just routine hiring of a coach.  Nothing special.  Essentially Lebo 2.0

:dunno:

barbee is the man....I would rather have a calipari guy than a richardson guy IMO. But enough about that I want whoever wants to be part of the AU family and will work their butt off like Chizik is in making AU a national powerhouse :we:

barbee is the man....I would rather have a calipari guy than a richardson guy IMO. But enough about that I want whoever wants to be part of the AU family and will work their butt off like Chizik is in making AU a national powerhouse :we:

Well said fourthvision

As long as he didn't learn ethics in his time with Calipari. 

ST, is that a fact that Barbee will be interviewed this week? Or was that part of your opinion, too? If indeed that is true, do we know the schedule of when each guy will be interviewed? Obviously Jones was today...

I know there is a rumor going around that Barbee is the man but he has not been hired. Jay Jacobs will be conducting several interviews this week. You will hear several names pop up every day. With that being said, I do believe that Barbee will be one of the top candidates. Barbee, Marlin, and Jones will all be interviewed this week.

Yep.  All I have been hearing is that the heat has been turned up for whatever reason with Barbee.  We'll continue to hear crazy stuff until a hire is made and depending on who it comes from, you just can't put much stock into it.  Just stay tuned is all I can say.

just got the twitter update that Barbee is being interviewed this week. Thanks AE!!!!  I wonder if there is a addiction camp for this place like the one Tiger went to.  :dunno::thumbsup:

I was really hoping for Tubby, but Barbee would be a very good hire IMO. If Tubby is wanting to bring in 3 sons, and Auburn name one of them C-I-W, I surely hope we say no thanks. That is taking advantage of the situation by Tubby IMO. I just hope we can get something done soon. It's time to recruit for next season, and it's time for us to get a HC, and staff, and get them on the road!

Yep.  All I have been hearing is that the heat has been turned up for whatever reason with Barbee.  We'll continue to hear crazy stuff until a hire is made and depending on who it comes from, you just can't put much stock into it.  Just stay tuned is all I can say.

is it safe to assume that the talks with barbee are heating up b.c paul hewitt at ga. tech could be going to st. johns??  just saw a post on another site saying that atl and ny papers are reporting st. johns officials have contacted ga tech about hewitt......

Barbee would be a good hire i think. Not my personal favorite, but I'm not the AD so it really doesn't matter! I don't think we are going to land one of the big name, proven winners (i.e Tubby or Anderson) so Barbee is probably the best choice of the "up and comers" route.

It is good to see Auburn fans come together and show this much interest in the bball program... shows was a great fan base we can be.

It would be better if they showed this kind of interest during the season, and not just come out when there is a coach in trouble or a new hiring.

:dunno:

Who ever we get, I will support.  I may be disappointed for a time, but I am an Auburn man...I will support my alma mater.

:wedance:

Aaawww!  Wait for NCAA's to be over and interview Scott Drew!

I could get behind Drew.

;D

I just hope we can get something done soon. It's time to recruit for next season, and it's time for us to get a HC, and staff, and get them on the road!

Recruiting is done, we're full. Next opportunity to sign new players will be November of '10, early signees for the '11-'12 season.

I'd expect to hear something final during or shortly after the final four weekend.

I could get behind Drew.

;D

We are not that lucky I don't think. Would be a fantastic hire imo. Haven't heard his name mentioned by the media though, don't know if that means anything though.

I could get behind Drew.

;D

We are not that lucky I don't think. Would be a fantastic hire imo. Haven't heard his name mentioned by the media though, don't know if that means anything though.

I agree, I don't think we will be that lucky.  However from all accounts, JJ is interviewing a lot of Texas coaches this week.  ;D

Archived