Recent Recruiting Class

NoALtiger

Id love to see Sullivan, Malone, Gabriel, and Ross come back next year... these guys are extremely young and have some talent... good coaching could really turn them around.

We will see though, we saw Gus Malzahn adapt to using players that werent exactly "built" for the spread... but he made it work.

I feel Barbee can do the same if he gets the kids to buy in.

Forget about who we have recruited so far; until we get two or three (talented) big men in here, we

are not going to compete with the big dogs consistently.!*&^%$#

Cannot wait to hear the reaction of Steele, he could be special. Regardless, the influx of top talent he will bring will be fun to see..

Forget about who we have recruited so far; until we get two or three (talented) big men in here, we

are not going to compete with the big dogs consistently.!*&^%$#

It's not too late is it?

If all six of Lebo's recruits qualify and show up to play, and all seven returning players come back, we won't be able to bring any more in.

Of course, some of these prospects could request and be granted a release, some returning players could have their scholarships not renewed and that would create an opening or two.

Word is that Barbee has two big men committed but not signed to UTEP that might come here. For that to happen two of the above will have to clear out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few current players leaving the program, and not neccesarily because they want to. It's just the nature of things. Some of these guys won't be able to make the new standard that Barbee brings and frankly, were lucky to be here. We have several guys on the current roster that werent recruited by any name teams, probably for good reason. If Barbee has some studs he wants to bring on, believe me, he will easily find a way- the guy is going to want to win as soon as possible and he has to upgrade our talent level to do so.

Archived