Eric Blesoe

aubtigerfan21

I haven't been keeping up with this story much, but can anyone verify this rumor. I have heard numerous times that eric is transferring in from uk. Can someone please verify this rumor? 

I haven't been keeping up with this story much, but can anyone verify this rumor. I have heard numerous times that eric is transferring in from uk. Can someone please verify this rumor?   

Unless has has been released then it really is just a rumor and nothing more. Can`t see it myself. Bledsoe played 32 minutes last night and had 12 points. Doesn`t sound to me like someone who is looking to transfer.

I would love to see this as much as anyone, believe me, but to think this is crazy. If Eric goes anywhere next year, it will obviously be to the NBA. Gotta love how these rumors catch fire in todays blogging world!

I think it's just a rumor with nothing behind it too but the rumored reason behind him transfering does make sense. This is all rumor I remind you but this is the reason given. He has been told by NBA scouts that he needs to play another year in college exclusively at the PG position. UK is bringing in the #1 PG in the nation next year and he doesn't think he will get the minutes he needs to be a high draft pick. Barbee runs the same system that Calipari runs so there will be little adjustement and he has some issue at home that makes him eligible for the family hardship transfer(does'nt have to sit out a year). Calipari and Barbee are really close and Auburn is the only school in conference he would grant him a release to attend.

I think it's just a rumor with nothing behind it too but the rumored reason behind him transfering does make sense. This is all rumor I remind you but this is the reason given. He has been told by NBA scouts that he needs to play another year in college exclusively at the PG position. UK is bringing in the #1 PG in the nation next year and he doesn't think he will get the minutes he needs to be a high draft pick. Barbee runs the same system that Calipari runs so there will be little adjustement and he has some issue at home that makes him eligible for the family hardship transfer(does'nt have to sit out a year). Calipari and Barbee are really close and Auburn is the only school in conference he would grant him a release to attend.

That said; I can`t imagine a coach granting a release for a player to transfer in the same conference and have to play them. Especially a player of Bledsoe`s ability.

Ok, here's the entirety of the rumor.

Unknown sources are saying that Eric Bledsoe may transfer using the medical/family emergency transfer clause. Basically, it allows a student to apply for a transfer without sitting out because of a family/medical reason that he needs to be close to home. I don't know anything about his personal life so I don't know what that emergency is about. The second part of the rumor is that he didn't like being behind John Wall and Calipari has another top point guard that is good enough to share time again. Rumor says that Bledsoe wouldn't be happy in another sharing role.

However, I dont see this happening. If Bledsoe leaves for the NBA this year he's a sure fire lottery pick and Calipari has said a thousand times that he thinks Bledsoe is the second best PG in america. Bledsoe also has a negative feeling about Auburn because of Lebo. I doubt he wants to come here. I doubt any of these rumors are true.

I can verify that this is a rumor.

I think it's a rumor as well, however, I will play along. Ok, how exactly can you verify its a rumor? Please do so.

Bledsoe would not  be a sure fire lottery pick this year.... He is way behind a number of names (even on his own team).

At PG? I don't think so. Quite a few scouts agree with me as well.

The PG position is weak this year after being loaded last year. Bledsoe is a great shooter who just needs a little more refinement as a true PG, but most scouts say that he's smart enough to pick it up very quickly. He's definitely in the first round and with the great Tournament he's having many scouts think he'll sneak into the late lottery.

I didn't say he was sneaking into the first round. I said he's definitely in the first round and with the tournament he's putting together he's sneaking into the Lottery. As I said, this years draft is weak at the PG position and if he continues to run the Kentucky as he has been during the tournament then he's a sure fire lottery pick. His only knock is the lack of experience at running an offense from the PG position and he's showing that he can do it.

Personally, I think he should stay another year. However, he's said his family could use the money and if another PG as good as Eric comes in then he'll be in the same boat next year as he is this year. Personally, I think he goes a few picks outside of the lottery but the right team could trade picks or trade up to get him. If he continues performing on the lever he is then I can't see him going outside of the lottery. He's too good of a shooter and too smart for a team to pass up on if they need a future PG.

Cheers

If he needs to be close to home because of a family emergency he should go to UAB. Kentucky might actually release him to UAB. Which, however, is not even a question. He's a first round NBA pick. His college ball will end with Kentucky's season this year.

He can sign with an NBA team and hire babysitters, nurses, carpenters, or whothehellever to take care of things at home.

Guest jefferson2668

If he needs to be close to home because of a family emergency he should go to UAB. Kentucky might actually release him to UAB. Which, however, is not even a question. He's a first round NBA pick. His college ball will end with Kentucky's season this year.

He can sign with an NBA team and hire babysitters, nurses, carpenters, or whothehellever to take care of things at home.

MikeP... That makes to much sense for a friday afternoon... Cheers

If he played anywhere else he would be a freshman all american and still might be. I think he is just as good of a shooter atleast as John Wall is. But i agree I think he will move to the NBA next year

Archived