Stephon Tuitt

Jonesy

He is going to be hard to pull out of state that is for sure but getting him on campus is the first step to doing that.

He is going to be hard to pull out of state that is for sure but getting him on campus is the first step to doing that.

It may not be as hard as we think. He's already made 2 visits to Clemson and has set up a third. Leaving the state may not be a problem for him.

• 4 months later...

Come on Tuitt!!

Will his brother Round Tuitt be along for the visit?

We'll see if he can get arou........nevermind.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. idk why that was so funny to me

Don't worry I thought it was hilarious too  :laugh:

Tuitt went on to say that he's prob. going to take all of his visits. Auburn could get an official visit. Seven schools stand out at this time: Auburn, Tennessee, Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and LSU.

And he likes the possibility of him and Ray Drew playing together.

Will his brother Round Tuitt be along for the visit?

no no but I heard his cousing Stuck will be riding shotgun.

Just kidding I hope he has a great visit.  My last name is Bell.  Not a terrible handle but many a folk had a good time with it.  :trampoline:

Respectfully ask, guys, remember, Stephen may be reading these.  Just sayin...  (He's probably heard these all before, though)

I would be ecstatic if we could get both of these guys, but it is just awesome to know that Drew is truly impressed with AU. I think it will be a AU ugay battle for Drew and an AU, GT, clempsun battle for Tuitt. Hopefully we will not have to wait on Tuitt as long as we will probably have to wait for Drew (NSD).

i think its pretty cool that they would like to play with each other and AU is the only one in serious contention for both.

I went looking for UGA too, after reading that of Tuitt's statement!

As it's already been stated, Tuitt had a GREAT trip to AU today, and was pleasantly surprised by his visit.  Scout had an update on his visit earlier, and it said that he had a chance to meet with Coaches Chizik, Roof, and Rocker, and was VERY impressed with them all. He also got a chance to tour the campus and the stadium...

Per Scout: “The stadium, even though there was nobody in there, it was a different atmosphere when you stepped on that field,” Tuitt says. “It was a different atmosphere. I want to go back there again. This time stay a little longer and see the whole campus and hang around the players. Just get a chance to know more about the school. I want to stay longer and see more about the school and get to know the coaches better.”

The article also talks about how Tuitt and Ray Drew have become VERY good friends due to the fact that they have attended so many camps together (specifically the Top Gun OL/DL Camp in Virginia). One VERY, VERY good sign for AU fans is the fact that it was DREW who convinced Tuitt that he needed to see AU for his own eyes, because he ALWAYS talked about the school whenever they spoke! But Drew wasn't the only TOP recruit that felf that way about the Plains...

Per Scout: “The camp that I went to was a good camp and the players were being highly recruited too like I was,” Tuitt notes. “Hearing it from them and knowing they had a great time when they were there made me tempted to want to see it more than just talking to them on the phone. I wanted to go and see for myself.

“One of my key guys is Ray Drew from Thomasville, Ga.,” he adds. “We wound up being like best friends at the camp. We wound up talking and talking. I’m going to call him today and tell him I went and liked it like he did. It’s just networking and knowing players across the nation.”

Tuitt also stated that he and Drew HAVE discussed the possibility of playing together at the next level! He says that he has a list of schools that he wants to focus on at this point and they are Georgia Tech, Clemson, Auburn, Notre Dame, Miami, LSU, and Tennessee. He says he wants to take his time and make sure that he knows for SURE where he wants to go.

TWIW, the article also mentions that 4* OL Donovan Smith was also pumping up AU to Tuitt at the same Top Gun camp that Drew was at. This is interesting considering that Smith has never even been to AU and doesn't have an offer from us yet!

***UPDATE***

There is a NEW article on Donovan Smith on Rivals that claims that Tuitt must've been mistaken when he said that Smith was one of the ones talking up AU to him. Apparently, Smith was in the same boat Tuitt was and was HEARING all the good things about AU, and now he TOO wants to schedule an official visit to the Plains and says that Coach Grimes has been in touch with him a lot recently!

If he's bonding with Ray Drew, that speaks well of his character. 

Not to jump the gun, but can't help it!!  Can you imagine our D-line with these two, plus Gabe, plus this mammoth JUCO Jenkins, in addition to what we already have!!  Good heavens!!

Guest WarTiger

If he's bonding with Ray Drew, that speaks well of his character. 

Not to jump the gun, but can't help it!!  Can you imagine our D-line with these two, plus Gabe, plus this mammoth JUCO Jenkins, in addition to what we already have!!  Good heavens!!

Ill take Jenkins playing next to Whitaker, two monster playing next to each other. Run through that.

Potentially the most exciting part of the whole post by DJ is that Ray Drew is already recruiting for AU and he isn't committed yet.  Kinda makes you say HMMMMMMM???    :dunno:    :-\    Just sayin. 

Potentially the most exciting part of the whole post by DJ is that Ray Drew is already recruiting for AU and he isn't committed yet.   Kinda makes you say HMMMMMMM???    :dunno:    :-\    Just sayin. 

I thought the SAME thing, a4ever! I know that does NOT mean that Drew is a "lock" (I think I've stated before that I don't believe there IS such a thing), but I know for a FACT that he has NOT spoken this highly of any other schools!!! At LEAST he hasn't been SO vocal about anyone else! It's obvious that the AU staff has done a REMARKABLE job of recruiting Drew! AU is FIRMLY implanted themselves in Drew's mind... SO much so, that he can't HELP but spread his feelings for them to everyone he meets!  :thumbsup:

Also, FTR, regarding my post from Scout above... Rivals had the EXACT same article, almost verbatum... so Tuitt must've just been interviewed by all of the recruiting services at once after he left AU. Expect ESPN to have it about a week from now!  :P

is tuitt an end or inside. we are getting heavy on de's. i know we will take these top rated guys regardless, but thats a lot de's.

Archived