ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Just lost two series to two of the worst clubs out there  :banghead: Definitely slumping. And we go to Cincy, which is one of the best clubs out there. Not the team I wanna play right now. Can we switch them out for Pittsburg?

what worries me is the trade the phillies pulled off with houston.  they will be there in the end.

actually the acquisition of Oswalt does not worry me that much. The Braves traditionally have handled Oswalt fairly well. It's the rest of the Philly lineup that final looks to be coming full circle that bothers me.

A few updates for you guys:

Still no trade made, but everything points to something happening before the deadline, but I really have no idea who they're going to get. Still hearing and outfielder and possibly relief pitchers.

Eric O'Flaherty threw around a bit yesterday but he's still gonna need a rehab stint to fully recover

We're currently sitting 2.5 games ahead of the Phils and 6.5 ahead of the Mets. Phils play at Washington and Mets get the Diamondbacks at home.

I can't find any news on how Nate is doing in Gwinette.

They still haven't heard anything about Venter's suspension so as of right now he is still available to pitch tonight

Game starts at 6:05 tonight of a very important series at Cincy. Medlen on the mound against righty Johnny Cueto

I figured the way we have been struggling that Wren will be persuaded to trade.  The pitching has not been terrible, just hitting is abyssmal along with poor fielding.  Plus this collapse had all the pieces in place: 6 away games where we arent that great against 2 dwellers that always have our number for some reason + 3 more away games coming, and Phillies having a 9 game homestand where they are terrific.  They have won their last 11 home games.  They now go to Washington.  Hopefully we can turn this around in a hitters ballpark like Cincy.

Yeah I agree. I shouldve seen this coming. But after these games we've got a nice home stand, which we desperately need to get back on track. Thankfully at least the Mets are struggling so that's a plus.

A few updates for you guys:

Still no trade made, but everything points to something happening before the deadline, but I really have no idea who they're going to get. Still hearing and outfielder and possibly relief pitchers.

Eric O'Flaherty threw around a bit yesterday but he's still gonna need a rehab stint to fully recover

We're currently sitting 2.5 games ahead of the Phils and 6.5 ahead of the Mets. Phils play at Washington and Mets get the Diamondbacks at home.

I can't find any news on how Nate is doing in Gwinette.

They still haven't heard anything about Venter's suspension so as of right now he is still available to pitch tonight

Game starts at 6:05 tonight of a very important series at Cincy. Medlen on the mound against righty Johnny Cueto

Nate was 2 for 5 last night and led off the first inning with a Home Run. Good start for you. I live 10 minutes from where the Gwinnett Braves play.

I saw Jordan Schafer play for AA Mississippi Braves at Thirsty Thursday last night.  Still striking out alot!  He did look fast in warmups though lol

I wish we would have went for oswalt if for anything else than to keep him out of Philly.  We have some bats on our team.  They are just going dormant right now.

Great timing with the bats being in the doldrums and going up again one of the hottest pitchers tonight. The Braves hit about 197 av. as a team against the Nats.