ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

It's gonna be interesting. I have a friend who was invited to a scouts camp at Turner Field two weekends ago and said he wasn't very impressed with the Braves Front Office. He got the impression that they (Frank Wren in particular) were cheap and weren't in it to win championships. Ever since Ted Turner left, I've definitely felt this vibe. :'(

Agreed

It's gonna be interesting. I have a friend who was invited to a scouts camp at Turner Field two weekends ago and said he wasn't very impressed with the Braves Front Office. He got the impression that they (Frank Wren in particular) were cheap and weren't in it to win championships. Ever since Ted Turner left, I've definitely felt this vibe. :'(

yeah we are too cheap and it is killing me!

What sucks about that is it proves money can easily buy championships.

They have to be cheap,they dont have the deep pockets that Ted had.Wren has a budget to meet,and I think he does well with what money he is alloted.

Yea but I still think the Bravos have money to spend, they just choose not to. Last I remember seeing they are 7th in available budget behind NYY, Redsox, NYM, Cubs, Phillies, and Dodgers. But yet they are 15th in player salaries.

I just get tired of the midseason trades that flop in our face, or signing some has been hoping to revive their career.

They have to be cheap,they dont have the deep pockets that Ted had.Wren has a budget to meet,and I think he does well with what money he is alloted.

^^This^^ Frank does a great job with the limited amount of money.

Catchers and pitchers report in 10 days.

Im on football overload after the last 5 months so lets bring on some baseball!!!!  Cant get here fast enough :hellyeah:

Yeah not saying its Frank Wren's fault at all. But it pains me seeing these other franchises spending money that the Braves should be able to spend as well. Atlanta has an absolutely massive following. Wren does an alright job for the limited budget that he's on. Pretty sure he doesn't spend all the money that he could. Probably a smart move in the long run though.

At least we produce pretty good talent in our farm system :thumbsup:

Yeah not saying its Frank Wren's fault at all. But it pains me seeing these other franchises spending money that the Braves should be able to spend as well. Atlanta has an absolutely massive following. Wren does an alright job for the limited budget that he's on. Pretty sure he doesn't spend all the money that he could. Probably a smart move in the long run though.

True that. It just amazes me how we've had one of the best farm systems year in and year out for almost 20 years.

True that. It just amazes me how we've had one of the best farm systems year in and year out for almost 20 years.

Speaking of the Brave's farm system.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=13104665&c_id=atl

I don't think so. I think if we have any problems with Chipper then Prado will be our 3rd baseman and we might look for another leftfielder. I would love to have Michael Young. He is a solid all around player, but an expensive emergency backup

Don't get me wrong Chipper has been my favorite since I was a kid, but if/when he gets hurt this year I believe we have to move on. Chipper would make a great hitting coach.

You're not kidding. Chip would make an amazing hitting coach. I really hope we keep him in the system after he retires from playing. I do think he will have a pretty good year. Not great, but good. Overall it should be a fun year. Man I can't wait. At least Auburn baseball starts in a week

Yeah he really would be a great guy to have in the clubhouse and as a hitting coach. He seems to think he will be back for the start of the season

Oh, here is an interesting read on Brooksie

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/conrads-long-road-back-830603.html

Normally I would be pumped about it as well. Gonzalez as the manager doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling inside. I'm still fuming about losing Diaz too. Which makes me wonder who plays the OF this year besides J-Hey. Getting Uggla made me happy just so he couldn't hit a bomb every time he came up to bat, his D isn't the greatest though. I don't know. It just doesn't feel the same this year. Probably because Cox is gone more than anything. I just hope we compete.