ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Yeah, well from all the times I've watched Morris pitch through the years, sometimes he is effectively wild if you know what I mean by that. He keeps the hitters more off balance sometimes by not throwing strikes all the time. But yeah he's got the stuff to earn a starting job, but I know one guy who he's not taking a spot from right now and that's Varnadore

No argument from me there. Varnadore is a complete stud! The way he works reminds me of Roy Halladay. With him and Morris we have two legit aces on this team, which is just crazy

No doubt man. If we can get the pitching going, especially starting pitching to where they can go into the 7th or 8th innings every outing, we'll be a scary team. Come end of March, most of our hitters will be out of this beginning of the season slump.

Somehow we've turned an Atlanta Braves thread into an Auburn baseball thread haha, but as long as it's about baseball I'll talk about it all day

When I played travelball at 12 years old, I remember Bryce coming to the Huntsville Sports Plex. He was already known as the best in the country and my team played him... In that weekend, Bryce went 11-12 with 10 homeruns and a double. :laugh:

He's lucky he didn't have to face me. He wouldn't have touched me. I also wouldn't have purposefully thrown him a strike

Chipper Jones' response to critics who said he only came back for the money. "If they think I'm doing this for the money, they obviously haven't seen my bank account.

siap

I meant see, not seen in the first post. But yeah, there will probably be a slump that he suffers at the beginning of the season, or he will start off pretty good, and then teams will figure him out. That's when you separate the good hitters from the average ones. Once pitchers make an adjustment to him, how well he adjusts then

What most dont know is that Freddie's defense is superb. I can't wait to see his slick D. Plus, the Braves will be on ESPN at 12 central time

What most dont know is that Freddie's defense is superb. I can't wait to see his slick D. Plus, the Braves will be on ESPN at 12 central time

Stupid school prevents me from watching.

Stupid school prevents me from watching.

I will be in class 30 min after it starts, but I'm gonna watch it online and dvr it at home. I miss baseball that bad

It figures that they would play on a day when I have 3 classes instead of on a MWF when I only have one class. I'm already planning a road trip up there with some people that day though, assuming I don't have a test that day. I'm sure there will be that one idiotic teacher that doesn't recognize the importance of opening day..

It figures that they would play on a day when I have 3 classes instead of on a MWF when I only have one class. I'm already planning a road trip up there with some people that day though, assuming I don't have a test that day. I'm sure there will be that one idiotic teacher that doesn't recognize the importance of opening day..

same here with the 3 classes and none of the professors at Birmingham southern understand the importance of opening day and its greatness

Freeman may be more of a doubles hitter right now.He's young and will get stronger and grow into a homerun threat.

I could see him hitting 15-20 HR's this season if he can stay healthy.I think he could eventually be a 25-35 a year homerun guy.

Isnt GREAT to be talkin' baseball??? :partey: