Josh Langford to Auburn!!

kkolumbo

It is my understanding that Josh didn't want this to go public until tommorow.  Oh well.....

I guess whoever leaked this out never heard "loose lips sink ships". Hope the cat being out of the bag doesn't sink this ship!

Finally a post of urs that I wholeheartly aggree with Mike....How do you look at Josh replacing one of the two signees Barbee released...me personally glad to have an Alabama player :wareagle:

Glad we agree on something! Langford is a top quality recruit and there are very few of them available now due to the early signing period last November.

Those two guys didn't want to be here, didn't want to play for Barbee, or both. I don't think it's all that good that it turned out that way, but if this isn't the place for them that's the way it is. Looking at it from that standpoint, Langford is a great "salvage job" to replace the losses.

The two we lost are guards and we'll have to move Sullivan over to point guard if there's not a quality one of those available.

Look for some more guys, both signees and current players, to get cut loose to open up some slots for next recruiting year, when Barbee has a real chance to show what he can do.

Josh is a great ballplayer, glad to have him aboard for sure. We finally get an elite player from the Huntsville area! Perhaps Lebo should have thought of that when he always let the State's top players leave without even trying. WDE Josh!

Did I miss something?  Has he actually announced that he is coming to Auburn?  Last I saw, his announcement was going to be today, in about 1 hour.  I want Langford on the Plains as much as anyone, but I am a firm believer in putting the horse before the cart.  I hope we didn't pi$$ him off by stealing his thunder for the announcement.  Eating crow is best left to bammers.

War Eagle Josh!!!  We would love to have you in the Family!!!

Did I miss something?  Has he actually announced that he is coming to Auburn?  Last I saw, his announcement was going to be today, in about 1 hour.  I want Langford on the Plains as much as anyone, but I am a firm believer in putting the horse before the cart.  I hope we didn't pi$$ him off by stealing his thunder for the announcement.  Eating crow is best left to bammers.

War Eagle Josh!!!  We would love to have you in the Family!!!

I alluded to this earlier in this thread.  I also went against my better judgement when deciding not to delete it yesterday.  Maybe I should have.  The official announcement is coming here shortly.  WDE!

I'm not as up to speed on basketball recruiting as I am football.  Does this mean that Langford will be at Auburn in the fall or will he be a senior in high school next fall?

I'm not as up to speed on basketball recruiting as I am football.  Does this mean that Langford will be at Auburn in the fall or will he be a senior in high school next fall?

He is a senior this year and will be with the team when they start practice in mid October.

This prospect is the TURNING POINT of AUBURN BASKETBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbee signed the best senior in the state.... and was committed to Louisville early on in the process !!

Langford will make an immediate impact on the '10 '11 AU Squad !!!  This is the BEGINNING.  MARK MY WORDS.

BARBEE WILL BRING AUBURN 2 THE TOURNY WITHIN 3 YEARS...  IMO

WDE

This prospect is the TURNING POINT of AUBURN BASKETBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbee signed the best senior in the state.... and was committed to Louisville early on in the process !!

Langford will make an immediate impact on the '10 '11 AU Squad !!!  This is the BEGINNING.   MARK MY WORDS.

BARBEE WILL BRING AUBURN 2 THE TOURNY WITHIN 3 YEARS...  IMO

WDE

I would hope/expect to be in the tourney next year. Improved game-day coaching with the same talent should accomplish that. Elite eight in three years is a reachable goal..

Archived