Will Auburn Host a Regional?

Man, if things do turn out that way, that would be awesme.  Sure it would be tough with an Arizona sitting right there waiting, but no one will ever make me believe Arizona at home is harder than Arkansas on he road... while they were in the middle of a 10 game winning streak

Man, if things do turn out that way, that would be awesme.  Sure it would be tough with an Arizona sitting right there waiting, but no one will ever make me believe Arizona at home is harder than Arkansas on he road... while they were in the middle of a 10 game winning streak

We just need to go to Oxford and take care of business and see what happens. If we play in front of our home crowd....LOOK OUT!!

We just need to go to Oxford and take care of business and see what happens. If we play in front of our home crowd....LOOK OUT!!

I'm not sure if you know or not, but are regionals a double elimination thing?  Because if they are we'll need great outings from Corey, Cole, and Grant.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but are regionals a double elimination thing?  Because if they are we'll need great outings from Corey, Cole, and Grant.

Yes, I do know but I also know we have a top 10 hitting team.....there is no way any of the teams in our regional bracket will have 3-4 great pitchers.

Why would Vanderbilt be the #1 seed but not host in the UConn regional?

Because they would win the Big East conference and are guaranteed to hosts but Vandy has a higher RPI so they are the higher seed. Kinda weird I know.

They are double elimination.

It would be awesome to host a regional again. I think we have all the elements a team needs to do it and if those were the three teams we had to play I would give us a good chance to make it to a super regional. Pawlowski has done an amazing job at Auburn and this would make him look that much better. WDE!!!!!!!!

Because they would win the Big East conference and are guaranteed to hosts but Vandy has a higher RPI so they are the higher seed. Kinda weird I know.

That makes sense, in a weird kinda way.  Thanks, ST.

If we take 2 of 3 from Ole Miss, we will be hosting a regional. There's no doubt in my mind. We would be a division champion and right now, our RPI is 16. That will only get higher if we take care of business against the Rebs. Western Division champs, 38 wins (which is what we would have if we take 2 of 3 this weekend) and possibly a top 12-14 RPI. No way we don't host a regional with those numbers. As someone said earlier, we just hafta take care of business this weekend and everything else will take care of itself.

Archived