Auburn Baseball: WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPS!!

Way to go guys!! Bringing Auburn baseball back to the top! War Eagle and congrats to everybody on the team.

:believe:

This is AUBURN at its best!!!  WAR EAGLE to all our players and congratulations!!!!

Musings from Ole Miss fans during the game...I made the trek over to the game last night and by the 5th the Rebs fate was sealed and the stadium emptied rather quickly.  I moved over behind home plate to watch the balance of the game and got the pleasure of listening to some of the old faithful Ole Miss fans talk about the game.  One gentleman gestered that he moved down from his seats to watch the sparks fly off the bats of the Auburn hitters.  Another said that he thought he had never seen a better hitting team than Arkansas, but he said that Auburn had them beaten hands down.  Another then talked about the 8th inning homer on Thursday night to seal their fate.  He said it sailed over the stands in right field and thought that it still might be rolling as hard as it was hit.  Last night was more like batting practice or a home run derby than a ball game.  Apart for a 4th inning lapse, it was all Auburn.  On the way out one of the guys working the stands said that he had never heard that stadium so quiet during a game.  A really great night to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

This is amazing to me. I will have to say that I was one of the ones at the beginning of the season all the way up to the first few SEC series that thought this team would miss the SEC tourney again this year. It has been fun to watch this team grow up and become what I think is a VERY good baseball team with alot of fight and heart. I'll tell you when you have a team like that they are tough to beat. I think that we are playing as good as anybody in the country right now and we are peaking at the right time. Hats off to Coach P and his staff for an excellent job this season. I think the best is still yet to come though!! WAR EAGLE!! :believe::zapbama::beatmullet:

Archived