Enjoy this offense while you can...

Folks, this offense has been an absolute treat to watch all season long. Some fans go an entire lifetime and are never fortunate enough to witness a group of hitters like this come along. Let's just savor this last (hopefully) month that this group is going to be together b/c about half of this lineup won't be back next year. What this offense has been able to do -- in the best conference in the country, mind you -- is nothing short of spectacular. These guys are putting up video game-like numbers and making it look rather easy. We all need to sit back and take in what these guys are going to do over the next few weeks and enjoy this last hurrah. I know Pawlowski and his staff can recruit, and I have all the confidence in the world that they will reload, but I don't know that we will EVER see another offense quite like this. These guys dominate just about on a nightly basis. So instead of getting sad and thinking about all these guys leaving, I'm going to sit back and enjoy what could arguably be considered the greatest college baseball offense of all time. I'm just fortunate these guys came along during my era. It truly has been a sight to see.

Great post. We are often so anxious for the next game or next step, we do not take time to truly appreciate what we are seeing.

I've been watching Auburn and SEC baseball since Paul Nix took us to the CWS. There has never before been a team with this many great hitters on it and I don't expect to ever see it again.

I think the future looks great, we have a solid baseball man at the helm. But we'll not win the same way as this year's team.

Archived