Well the Olympics are winding down

autigger

Tonight watch as Fana Ashby and Timicka Clark compete in the 4x100m relay...

Osburne Moxey in the Long Jump and Sheridan Kirk in the 800 M

Tomorrow you can catch Caesar Garcia in the qualifying rounds of the platform diving if you arent at a high school football game...plus more track and field...

For a list of Tiger athletes and times you can catch them visit....

Track & Field

Swimming & Diving

It was awesome watching coventry win the gold. They mentioned AU several times including when they showed the AU coach there with her. If that guy isn't locked down he needs to be. Both of those folks brought some great things to AU.

On a side note, I doubt many people saw it but, the womens marathon was awesome. Not an AU girl but deena kastor did a helluva job. She took a big risk in not warming up because of the 100 degree heat and started on a very slow pace to conserve energy. She fell as low as 18th and then started mowing the other runners down one by one til she had the bronze. While everyone else wilted in the heat(including the pre race favorite), she had plenty of pep left in her step.

i tell ya what was really amazing.... did anyone watch the womens triathlon??? The lady who on the gold was in 18th place coming out of the water, she picked up to 10th coming off the bike...and Austrailian chick was out in front all by herself just kinda cruising and this chick passed her right at the last minute to win the gold..... it was amazing...

Yeah that was an awesome performance. That girl was flat out hauling a$$ at the end. If I'm not mistaken she was in 40th place or worse coming out of the water and then 18th off the bikes.

It was kinda sad though. I wanted the aussie girl to win for her brother who was also a triathlete who was killed when hit by a car on a training ride. That was a heartbreaking story and she hasn't come close to getting over it. I felt alot better about it when they interviewed her post race and she was disappointed but happy with the silver. I'm sure her brother woulda been extremely proud of her and she knows it. God Bless them.

Archived