Raspberry is a "ABB"er

CarolinaTiger

Editorial in the New York Post

most of my liberal buddies feel the same way about kerry...which reinforces my belief that if kerry wins the election, we'll have a president that 90% of the public didn't want.

i believe the democrats have really let the country down this year in not nominating a desirable candidate for the presidency this year.

ct

Editorial in the New York Post

most of my liberal buddies feel the same way about kerry...which reinforces my belief that if kerry wins the election, we'll have a president that 90% of the public didn't want.

i believe the democrats have really let the country down this year in not nominating a desirable candidate for the presidency this year.

ct

How could he win with only 10% of the vote?

OK, Al stop and think for just a second. In your haste (Ithink you like to call it "knee jerk") to quckly question a righty, you failed to comprehend the point here.

He is not saying only 10% of the vote. :huh: He is saying rather facetiously that only 10% really want him. The rest are voting for Bush or against Bush but not for Kerry.

:roll:

He is saying rather facetiously...

Which was the spirit of my question. :roll:

You guys have brought this 'false dillemma' up before about Kerry not being the first choice or everybody's favorite or whatever. He won 46 out of 50 primaries and caucuses and collected 50% or more of the votes in all of them. Remember, for a good portion of the race there were as many as 9 candidates and no fewer than 3. How much more resounding should his win have been? I find this questioning of the popular vote amusing coming from supporters of the guy that had fewer popular votes than his opponent.

i didn't write the raspberry article, he did.

i don't bring up having to 'hold my nose' while voting kerry, my friends do.

i'm merely observing based on what i read and hear.

as far as his overwhelming victories in the primaries, that doesn't mean much when voters' primary reason for voting for kerry was that he was the one that had the best chance of beating bush....

you can believe this isn't the case with a large % of kerry supporters, and i'll continue to believe that it is the case with a large % of kerry supporters, and in the end, it won't matter much either way. unless, of course, raspberry is right, and 'not-being-bush' isn't enough to defeat bush.

lest i get accused of making stuff up...

slate article from february

By media consensus, the race for the Democratic presidential nomination is over. Why? Because John Kerry has won 12 of the 14 primaries and caucuses held so far. And why has Kerry won these contests? Not because voters agree with him on the issues. The reason, according to exit polls, is that voters think he's the candidate most likely to beat President Bush.
emphasis added.

i guess we now need to discuss how just as many pubs are voting against kerry rather than 'for bush'... :roll: lemme go find one of THOSE many articles....

He is saying rather facetiously...

Which was the spirit of my question. :roll:

You guys have brought this 'false dillemma' up before about Kerry not being the first choice or everybody's favorite or whatever. He won 46 out of 50 primaries and caucuses and collected 50% or more of the votes in all of them. Remember, for a good portion of the race there were as many as 9 candidates and no fewer than 3. How much more resounding should his win have been? I find this questioning of the popular vote amusing coming from supporters of the guy that had fewer popular votes than his opponent.

Do you think that the majority of them voted for Kerry because they liked him or because they thought he would be the best cadidate to un-seat Bush? And obviously, this is all opinion because we can't know without asking everyone that voted during the primaries. It sure appears to me that they didn't vote b/c they really liked him.

Archived