WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

I just read on one of the ESPN blogs that Tre is taking an official visit to West Virginia this weekend.  I'm on my phone so I don't have the link.  What are the chances that we miss on this guy to W.V.?  I just can't see it being very likely.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we miss on him.  Tre is simply enjoying the process.

I agree. The only reason he didnt commit on his last visit to AU was because he promised visits to other schools. I think he's a silent personally

I agree. The only reason he didnt commit on his last visit to AU was because he promised visits to other schools. I think he's a silent personally

Me too. :-X

Me too. :-X

Careful guys. While I tend to agree with you (typically do), just remember what happened with the last "silent" RB commit who was unsilenced.

Uh...why do we always say our commits are "silent" when other schools just have theirs commit publicly?  Sorry, I'll put my O&B glasses back on.

Uh...why do we always say our commits are "silent" when other schools just have theirs commit publicly?   Sorry, I'll put my O&B glasses back on.

All schools have silent commits. The commit will give a silent (if they choose to) to a school to let them know they will be signing at a certain event (US Army game) or at a certain time (mostly signing day).

Auburn had success last year in recruiting by telling recruits to take their time and choose the right school for them. Im pretty confident that Tre gave us the shhhhhhhhhh.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Scout must have updated some of the player rankings without anyone knowing because Tre got his 4th *. He was a 3* a couple weeks ago. And in case anyone is wondering that gives Tre an 81 point boost in his point value to a class.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard much about him lately, with everyones focus being on Huggins, Crowell, and Hill.  I did a search, and his name pops up in about a million threads....but I didn't see anything recent.  I was under the impresion that he was a lock, has this changed?

• 3 weeks later...

i looked at his video and was very impressed at his elusiveness and cutting ability and making people miss..I have started to think he is more impressive to me than any other back available. Any news on his character and makeup?. i did not appreciate the music on his video and i wonder if it reflects the image he portrays. is he the type kid we want?  i am just asking and in no way am i suggesting any flaws..I would just like to know more!...War Eagle!!!

i looked at his video and was very impressed at his elusiveness and cutting ability and making people miss..I have started to think he is more impressive to me than any other back available. Any news on his character and makeup?. i did not appreciate the music on his video and i wonder if it reflects the image he portrays. is he the type kid we want?  i am just asking and in no way am i suggesting any flaws..I would just like to know more!...War Eagle!!!

he actually probably had nothing to do with the making of the video. just about anybody can do one of those.

I don't know which video you watched, but I am curious. What music offended you?

not just rap..there were many words i do not use. i think they were almost bleeped out.....straight rap is not my fav,but i have no big problem with that..the ghetto or thug rap i despise for the disrespect to life and women.....

i just clicked back to the first page to watch his highlights and he's very explosive. i think we can all agree he isn't a power back, but one thing that stands out is he keeps his hips north and south even during cuts. that allows him to rip through the hands of bigger players. he might or might not be as straight line fast as omac, but with that wicked jump cut and extra 20lbs on him, i think he may be just as dangerous. maybe even more dangerous considering if macalleb could put the moves on defenders he would probably have an extra td or two.

with omac saying as soon as he could he was gong pro to help his mother out of her situation, it would behoove us to have his replacement ready to go. when he went down in 2009 you saw how our offense suffered. mason also runs out of the i formation so it would allow us to run up the middle with our speed option as well. just my thoughts.

What is the latest on Mason?  OM fans feel very good that they are going to get him.  Any insider information on this guy?

IMO, if we get IC they can have him.  OM fans should feel good that they are going to get him.  Mason will not make or break our class.

Archived