WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

Ole piss says he's a lock to them...

To quote the guy who does the Dr. Lou segment on Rick and Bubba, The Mippissippi Black Bears are wrong.

Haha....that guy is one of my good friends from church. Lance, I love that guy, he is ALL AUBURN!!!!

Tre or Lance?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.  Old Miss fans are EXTREMELY confident that he will be a Rebel Black Bear.....one mod set his confidence at 80% that Mason will commit to them.

To quote the guy who does the Dr. Lou segment on Rick and Bubba, The Mippissippi Black Bears are wrong.

Haha....that guy is one of my good friends from church. Lance, I love that guy, he is ALL AUBURN!!!!

Tre or Lance?

Lance...sorry, thought it was clearer. He is one of the drummers for our worship band at church. Dating one of my best friends. Auburn grad...good guy.

I wish I had some insider info on Tre....my gut tells me he is ALL AUBURN though. He would've committed to Ole Miss by now otherwise, I think. I believe our coaches have given him the go ahead to pick up the hat and say WAR EAGLE!

Maybe he could back up Enrique Davis! JK

is mason announcing tomorrow?

At this point all my info on these guys is so mixed up in my head and the threads are all like 50 pages long. But I believe so...I do know that Sigler is now making his announcement tomorrow instead of Thursday. But thats it.

Yes, he is announcing tomorrow.  Brian Mathews is headed to be there tonight.

That's great that Brian's going, but I heard there wouldn't be any room for Brian at the place where Tre is announcing.

Ellitor,

What is your evaluation of Tre?  tia

Can anyone find good film on him. The only film I have seen has a display in the middle of it.

Dang, ya'll are some impatient sons-a-guns!  :P I'm working on the BIG recruiting thread with EVERYBODY'S film and everything you'll need for ALL the recruits! But here's a "preview" of Mason's profile...

Tre Mason   Boynton Beach, Florida (Park Vista High School)

recruit_mason_200.jpg  mason.jpg

Ht: 5-foot-10

Wt: 190 lbs

40: 4.50

Vert: 42"

2008: Rushed for 1,545 yds and 20 TDs. All Palm Beach Large School 2nd Team, FSWA 6A All-State Honorable Mention

2009: 165 rushes for 1,460 yds (8.8 avg) and 24 TDs. 3rd Team Class 6A All-State. Palm Beach Large School  area Offensive Player of the Year. 1st Team All-Palm Beach County by Sun-Sentinel.

2010: 1,700+ yds and 30 TD's

RIVALS rating: 4*  #14 RB  #34 in FL  #199 Overall

SCOUT 4*  #28 RB  #282 Overall

ESPN rating: 4* with a grade of 79  #21 RB

(click on site name to link to profile)

HIGHLIGHT #1

HIGHLIGHT #3

NOTES:

Tre Mason was described this summer as “the BEST RB in Florida that you haven’t heard of yet”! But that description didn’t fit him for long. The speedy back missed try-outs and couldn’t play football his freshman season. So it wasn’t until his sophomore year at Park Vista HS that he BURST onto the scene, as he rushed for over 1500 yards and 20 TD’s! He followed that up in 2009 with another near-1500 yard season to go with 24 TD’s! This caught the attention of big-time college programs, such as Mason’s childhood favorites, Miami and Florida, along with MANY others! Ole Miss was the first SEC school to offer Mason, and he loved the idea of playing in the SEC! Auburn offered back in October, after the coaches saw an opportunity for Mason to fit in nicely in AU’s offense. Coach Curtis Luper contacted Mason and informed him of the news, and Auburn immediately became one of Mason’s favorites. Mason visited AU in mid=November, and he left with the Tigers in the lead. He is rumored to be committing on 1/26, and at this point, I'd expect AU to be his choice!

Thank you DJ.

The OM posters on the Rant have changed their tune and are now saying he is committing to Auburn tomorrow.

Of course they have...  Tre has known where he has wanted to go for a while now.

Excellent!  I've been high on Mason all season.  Whoever is saying he is small for a running back i think are silly.  If that rivals weight is correct, 5'10 190 coming out of high school is not that small.  He is well built too, not just a rail.  I think with his speed (which is definitely faster than 4.5) he could end up being really spectacular in our offense.

Excellent!  I've been high on Mason all season.  Whoever is saying he is small for a running back i think are silly.  If that rivals weight is correct, 5'10 190 coming out of high school is not that small.  He is well built too, not just a rail.  I think with his speed (which is definitely faster than 4.5) he could end up being really spectacular in our offense.

I've read anywhere from 5'10" 190, to 5'9" 180-185...regardless all the analysts say his frame could hold some more weight. I would love to see him upwards of 200-210. With his speed not dropping off he would be even more of a threat in our offense.

So he is about the same size as Cadillac coming out of HS?

He's bigger than Caddy, coming out of HS. I saw Caddy play at Etowah. He was lanky, but he ran through alot of people in high school.

I've been a huge fan of Mason's for a while and would be stoked to get him on the Plains.  I always thought he should have been the #2 RB guy on our board right behind Crowell.  I was never really taken with Belamy or Hart even if they are and will be great. 

I just feel like this kid fits Auburn and that we need to focus more on getting the guys that are Auburn guys and not just chasing the big national names. 

That's great that Brian's going, but I heard there wouldn't be any room for Brian at the place where Tre is announcing.

:laugh: I see what you did there

:laugh: I see what you did there

Finally!  I'm starting to get the impression that I'm too subtle to make jokes on a messageboard.

Archived