WELCOME TRE MASON!

Chadf93

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks DJ.... so you think he is big enough to take an SEC pounding??

Without question.

31482_388807039441_655174441_3962853_6618893_n.jpg

167342_489694079441_655174441_5977600_3167503_n.jpg

154210_463216154441_655174441_5548276_4443217_n.jpg

150333_463216404441_655174441_5548279_2220925_n.jpg

BTW... THIS VVV is his idol...

33560_440663849441_655174441_5179575_1197506_n.jpg

has anyone seen this kid in person?? Rivals lists him as 5'10 190, but he looks smaller than that in his highlight video. Great burst and cutting ability though...

Dyer 2.0  ;)

:we:

Minus 25 pounds though.

Wrong.

I'd love to have Crow as much as anyone, but I think we'l be just fine with either of these guys. Once you get into the top 15 - 20 rb's I don't think there's that huge of a difference between them. Now, there ARE differences obviously, but behind the right line (which is more important to build IMO) they will be great backs. I'm pretty chilled out about the RB situation personally.

^^This^^ is the most intellegent post I have seen thus far as far as running backs are concerned and I wholeheartedly agree.

What time is the press conference Amy? Thanks in advance.

Bryan didn't say -- he just said they would release more info in the morning. others were asking about Mason committing tomorrow and he said he was heading there to cover the conference. I think it wasn't supposed to come out until tomorrow.

Tre has a chance to be very good; especially in our offense and behind the O Line we have recruited.

A quick blurb from his rivals scouting report:

On the Hoof: Solidly built with the frame to add more weight. He definitely looks like a back that can carry the ball 20 times in a game.

Most Impressive: His top-end speed is excellent as he can pull away in the open field from most defensive backs. He is also an excellent receiver coming out of the backfield.  

Conclusion: Look for him to outperform more highly recruited backs. But before this happens he will need to improve his pass blocking. I look for him to be a surprise performer similar to Montel Harris of Boston College.

Bryan said "Yea. I am beading that way tonight. We were supposed to holding off releasing that info until tomorrow morning. We'll have more info and full coverage of his pc tomorrow."

Ellitor,

What is your evaluation of Tre?  tia

Can anyone find good film on him. The only film I have seen has a display in the middle of it.

thanks DJ.... so you think he is big enough to take an SEC pounding??

You ought to see his upper body...Yeah...he can take the pounding.

hes a real quick back and sees and hits the hole really well, when he gets in the weight program this summer. he will be a really good compliment to our backs.

Ellitor,

What is your evaluation of Tre?  tia

Can anyone find good film on him. The only film I have seen has a display in the middle of it.

Dang, ya'll are some impatient sons-a-guns!  :P I'm working on the BIG recruiting thread with EVERYBODY'S film and everything you'll need for ALL the recruits! But here's a "preview" of Mason's profile...

Tre Mason   Boynton Beach, Florida (Park Vista High School)

recruit_mason_200.jpg  mason.jpg

Ht: 5-foot-10

Wt: 190 lbs

40: 4.50

Vert: 42"

2008: Rushed for 1,545 yds and 20 TDs. All Palm Beach Large School 2nd Team, FSWA 6A All-State Honorable Mention

2009: 165 rushes for 1,460 yds (8.8 avg) and 24 TDs. 3rd Team Class 6A All-State. Palm Beach Large School  area Offensive Player of the Year. 1st Team All-Palm Beach County by Sun-Sentinel.

2010: 1,700+ yds and 30 TD's

RIVALS rating: 4*  #14 RB  #34 in FL  #199 Overall

SCOUT 4*  #28 RB  #282 Overall

ESPN rating: 4* with a grade of 79  #21 RB

(click on site name to link to profile)

HIGHLIGHT #1

HIGHLIGHT #3

NOTES:

Tre Mason was described this summer as “the BEST RB in Florida that you haven’t heard of yet”! But that description didn’t fit him for long. The speedy back missed try-outs and couldn’t play football his freshman season. So it wasn’t until his sophomore year at Park Vista HS that he BURST onto the scene, as he rushed for over 1500 yards and 20 TD’s! He followed that up in 2009 with another near-1500 yard season to go with 24 TD’s! This caught the attention of big-time college programs, such as Mason’s childhood favorites, Miami and Florida, along with MANY others! Ole Miss was the first SEC school to offer Mason, and he loved the idea of playing in the SEC! Auburn offered back in October, after the coaches saw an opportunity for Mason to fit in nicely in AU’s offense. Coach Curtis Luper contacted Mason and informed him of the news, and Auburn immediately became one of Mason’s favorites. Mason visited AU in mid=November, and he left with the Tigers in the lead. He is rumored to be committing on 1/26, and at this point, I'd expect AU to be his choice!

Ole piss says he's a lock to them...

To quote the guy who does the Dr. Lou segment on Rick and Bubba, The Mippissippi Black Bears are wrong.

Ole piss says he's a lock to them...

To quote the guy who does the Dr. Lou segment on Rick and Bubba, The Mippissippi Black Bears are wrong.

Haha....that guy is one of my good friends from church. Lance, I love that guy, he is ALL AUBURN!!!!

Archived