Another General criticizes the clown in the White House

AUisAll

It is really encouraging to see men like this put their country first ahead of blind faith to an incompetent CIC.

As Mark Twain said......"patriotism is always loving your country and the gov't when they deserve it."

Politicians and Military will always play there games over funding.

I'd like to actually here why he thinks troops will be unprepared... is it training, or is it equipment, or does he think the latest hi tech bit is needed. What he would like to do about the border, fence, armed military, warn and shoot like the Berlin wall. Whats the plan. Well he mentions both training and equipment, so what is going on inside the military that is not preparing them and why is that the politicians fault and not the military itself.

One of the fun thing living in a military town for while in civilian family, you got to hear all the complaints about civilians and politicians. Officers usually had some good answers, enlisted was usually cause if you were not enlisted then you sucked and stuff of that nature.

Politicians and Military will always play there games over funding.

I'd like to actually here why he thinks troops will be unprepared... is it training, or is it equipment, or does he think the latest hi tech bit is needed. What he would like to do about the border, fence, armed military, warn and shoot like the Berlin wall. Whats the plan. Well he mentions both training and equipment, so what is going on inside the military that is not preparing them and why is that the politicians fault and not the military itself.

One of the fun thing living in a military town for while in civilian family, you got to hear all the complaints about civilians and politicians. Officers usually had some good answers, enlisted was usually cause if you were not enlisted then you sucked and stuff of that nature.

General officer are politicians, that's how they got where they are. They just don't campaign for election with voters.

These two broke the core rule, but they are both retiring.

I think the concern is that the military force level will drop low enough that a capable fighting force will not be available. Only about 10% of the military is really involved in combat. The rest provides support.

Last time I checked, Congress passed sequestration. That's what is hollowing the force and that's what Gen O was talking about. Both repubs and dems have sequestration blood on their hands.

I didn't see the word sequestration in his reported comments. I did see criticism of Obama. Obama doesn't have a strategy for doing anything so how can anyone say money is a problem.

I didn't see the word sequestration in his reported comments. I did see criticism of Obama. Obama doesn't have a strategy for doing anything so how can anyone say money is a problem.

He added that the Army is basically being choked out of its funding to be able to fight the proposed downsizing and repeated early calls for Congress to repeal mandated reductions.

Well he is saying stuff about money.

Show me the quote where he specifically criticized Obama...

10 U.S. Code § 888 - Art. 88. Contempt toward officials

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

AUUSN.....The article by the NYT author and the headline on the article make it pretty clear to me he is criticizing Obama. if you care to nitpick so be it.

AUUSN....criticism is not the same as being contemptuous. look up the definitions. There is a time that a man must put his country first, even if he risks court martial. I would hope you are that kind of person.

Right now, soldiers are speaking out in unanimous fashion against the apparent deserter Berghdal. The Army has completed the report on the initial investigation but won't release it. Should these men be court martialed?

AUUSN.....The article by the NYT author and the headline on the article make it pretty clear to me he is criticizing Obama. if you care to nitpick so be it.

I do care to "nitpick" it because both you and the OP state that the Chief of Staff of the Army criticized Obama. He IN FACT did not, rather he was sounding the alarm that troop reductions, AS MANDATED BY CONGRESS, were dangerous.

AUUSN....criticism is not the same as being contemptuous. look up the definitions. There is a time that a man must put his country first, even if he risks court martial. I would hope you are that kind of person.

Right now, soldiers are speaking out in unanimous fashion against the apparent deserter Berghdal. The Army has completed the report on the initial investigation but won't release it. Should these men be court martialed?

Man, can you stay on topic? You lose an argument and then jump to another red herring.

I will use my proper chain of command if I have issues with my leadership, so yeah, I'm that "kind" of person.

AUUSN.....you refute the OP and offer your own opinion. Do you have something to support your opinion/interpretation?

I didn't jump to another "red herring", I was just responding to your post quoting the code.

AUUSN.....you refute the OP and offer your own opinion. Do you have something to support your opinion/interpretation?

From the wall street journal:

"He added that the Army doesn’t have the money right now to stave off further force reductions and repeated prior calls for Congress to repeal mandated spending reductions. His comments came at a news conference during the annual meeting of the Association of the U.S. Army, a non-profit group that advocates for the Army. The active-duty Army now has 510,000 members, though military leaders are working to shrink the force by deactivating brigades and forcing out mid-level officers."

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/10/13/top-general-worries-u-s-army-getting-too-small/?mod=WSJ_Politics%2520and%2520Policy

I guess the authors of the two different articles had a different interpretation/ twist on his remarks but in either case he is criticizing Obama's current plans, regardless of the reason for them. I will defer to the WSJ article since they are usually more accurate.

But the fact either way is he is still openly criticizing/disagreeing (pick your word) with the CIC's plan while on active duty. Should he be court martialed?

Most military people I have encountered would never even dream of doing something like this unless they see a CIC that is destroying the military and the country in the process. You didn't hear of this back when Carter was president or even Clinton. Neither of these men were what you would call real friends to the military.

Most military people I have encountered would never even dream of doing something like this unless they see a CIC that is destroying the military and the country in the process. You didn't hear of this back when Carter was president or even Clinton. Neither of these men were what you would call real friends to the military.

INDEED!

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

It would seem, however, desertion and possible treason, aren't treated similarly. Bo Bergdahl deserted by every account of those in his unit. They all, including his unit leader, gave the same account in the investigation at the time, that he walked off his post on his own volition, yet, here we are roughly 7 years later being stonewalled because the issue was politicized by this WH. Selective prosecution has become a way of life for these nimrods. The prisons are being emptied of criminals, illegal alien criminals are being released in record numbers, a journalist had a warrant signed allowing the govt to search his home,his computer and phone records as well as his parents but "by God there better not be anyone criticizing our incompetence in this WH". :bow:

As an old Navy guy, I salute both of these men. I would follow them into battle but I could name a few I wouldn't let get behind me.

It would seem, however, desertion and possible treason, aren't treated similarly. Bo Bergdahl deserted by every account of those in his unit. They all, including his unit leader, gave the same account in the investigation at the time, that he walked off his post on his own volition, yet, here we are roughly 7 years later being stonewalled because the issue was politicized by this WH. Selective prosecution has become a way of life for these nimrods. The prisons are being emptied of criminals, illegal alien criminals are being released in record numbers, a journalist had a warrant signed allowing the govt to search his home,his computer and phone records as well as his parents but "by God there better not be anyone criticizing our incompetence in this WH". :bow:

BangingHeadAgainstWall.gif

BangingHeadAgainstWall.gif

Poor USN. I think the stupidity of the arguments from his opposition here is starting to sink in.

Archived