Rivalry Weekend could be huge this year!

Maverick.AU

IF both Auburn and Alabama win out going into the IB, and Ole Miss and MSU are 1 loss teams going into the egg bowl (losing to Auburn and Alabama) it could be one crazy weekend! Those 2 games will ultimately decide the SEC west rep, and if that scenario plays out, I think it also heightens the chance of 2 SEC teams getting in the playoff.

10-1 AU vs 10-1 Bama

10-1 MSU vs 10-1 Ole Miss

MSU would be rooting for us and Ole Miss would be rooting for Bama because each would hold the respective tie breaker

as we would Be rooting for Ole Miss and and Bama would be rooting for MSU.

Pretty crazy concept, a lot of football left to be played, but if it plays out that will be one nerve wracking weekend. How could they deny a 11-1 SEC team, that while they didn't make it to the title game, their only loss came to more than likely one of the top 2 teams in the country if say both AU and MSU are 11-1 at the end of the year or vice versa?

War Eagle.

don't know if i can say that i'll be rooting for bammer when they play miss. st...

It could be hard but if it will help auburn I will, not to mention honestly it would be sweet knocking bama out of title contention again and vaulting ourselves into it. Now if it Goes AU 11-1 MSU 11-1 Ole Miss 11-1 with OM winning the egg bowl thats a 3 way tie which since there is no head to head, I believe they are looking for cross-divisonal tie breakers. We play UGA and USCe, MSU plays Kentucky and Vandy, and Ole Miss plays Vandy and Tenn. I think we get the nod if thats the case, but at the same time I never want to put anything up in the air and would kind of rather win a head to head tie over OM to go to the championship game.

Also if we got help from the committee if Miss st. and FSU won out and we get in the playoff as a #3 or #4 with Mich St or ND. We would have 2 chances at revenge games against Miss st and FSU which would be pretty cool too. Either way if we win out I don't want AU to get snubbed.

Lot of football left to play, have just been thinking at the end of a long bye week, Ha!

If AU wins out, no way they are not in the playoff.

I wouldn't want to make bet on it. Nobody has any idea on just what the committee will decide and how they will make their decision. My gut feeling is they will want to try any way they can to get teams from four different conferences in.

I wouldn't want to make bet on it. Nobody has any idea on just what the committee will decide and how they will make their decision. My gut feeling is they will want to try any way they can to get teams from four different conferences in.

I'd guess another 2004 if we win out but MSU takes the SEC title. I think the committee will do whatever they can to prevent another LSU-Bama rematch (which in this case could be an Auburn-MSU rematch). But, all we can do is win out and see what happens.

I'd guess another 2004 if we win out but MSU takes the SEC title. I think the committee will do whatever they can to prevent another LSU-Bama rematch (which in this case could be an Auburn-MSU rematch). But, all we can do is win out and see what happens.

you know what? i would not mind that...i'll be too happy if we beat fsu enroute to the ship and beat msu in the ship or vice versa.

you know what? i would not mind that...i'll be too happy if we beat fsu enroute to the ship and beat msu in the ship or vice versa.

I think the problem is the first year they will make an extreme effort to keep it conference champs if they can do that. Look at what happened with Mich State jumping over some one losses this weekend. If they win out they will be in the top 4. FSU is almost assured to be in now. Notre Dame is possible. Oregon is back on track to go with one loss. I think it will be hard to end up with 2 sec teams as much as we want it to happen there has to be a tumble of the 1 losses for that to happen. Auburn has to end up in the SEC champ game for there to be a real chance of being in the top 4. The rest will all be luck.

But they did say they want the BEST 4 teams. I say don't worry about ANYONE else. Lets just worry about Auburn! If we win out, it doesn't really matter if MSU wins/losses to Bama.

But they did say they want the BEST 4 teams. I say don't worry about ANYONE else. Lets just worry about Auburn! If we win out, it doesn't really matter if MSU wins/losses to Bama.

They said a lot of things. We'll get an idea of their thinking when the first set of rankings come out next week.

I think the problem is the first year they will make an extreme effort to keep it conference champs if they can do that. Look at what happened with Mich State jumping over some one losses this weekend. If they win out they will be in the top 4. FSU is almost assured to be in now. Notre Dame is possible. Oregon is back on track to go with one loss. I think it will be hard to end up with 2 sec teams as much as we want it to happen there has to be a tumble of the 1 losses for that to happen. Auburn has to end up in the SEC champ game for there to be a real chance of being in the top 4. The rest will all be luck.

there's gonna be a huge shake up towards the end of the season, i can tell ya that

They said a lot of things. We'll get an idea of their thinking when the first set of rankings come out next week.

I wonder if they'll unveil them on ESPN like they did the BCS Rankings.

I wonder if they'll unveil them on ESPN like they did the BCS Rankings.

they are

IMO if Miss St. or Ole Miss are undefeated and there is a one loss SEC team like Auburn, Bama, or Ole Miss then I think two SEC teams will be in. I just cant see a one loss team out of the SEC making the bid over a one loss SEC team. So that being said a one loss Auburn should make it in. Our schedule is way toooooo tough to not be playing in the playoffs as long as we win out. We have to win first though!

Also every week seems to be mixing up the playoff picture. So just as long as Auburn takes it one win at a time then I see the season evolving well for our Tigers.

don't know if i can say that i'll be rooting for bammer when they play miss. st...

I can. I will wear my Saban signed, wife-beater, buy some Busch light and cheer like I only have one toof for three hours straight. Roh Todd

I can. I will wear my Saban signed, wife-beater, buy some Busch light and cheer like I only have one toof for three hours straight. Roh Todd

:laugh:

If Auburn wins out we will more than likely be ranked #2 or #3. I know rank does not determine anything but with the teams we will have had to beat to win out I don't see any way they would keep us out of the top four. If that happens I think we will win the NC. I think if we play Miss. St. again we would beat them and the way other teams have looked this year I do think whoever comes out of the SEC will win the NC.

Archived