SDS: "Muschamp Puts Nation on Notice"

PatBoCamRob

While WR is probably the offensive position of most concern next year, we also lose some pieces on the offensive line (Dismukes being a biggie)-- a line that, IMHO, got burned at times this year. Of course, I also think we missed Jay Prosch more than we anticipated at the start of the season.

But yeah, if Muschamp can just give us a defense that can hold the opponent to under 25-30 points (not all that remarkable), I don't know how we can be stopped.

WR shouldn't be a concern. We've got capable guys.

Capable guys that are relatively inexperienced with a new QB and a new center to boot. Offense will be a little dicey to start the season IMO.

While WR is probably the offensive position of most concern next year, we also lose some pieces on the offensive line (Dismukes being a biggie)-- a line that, IMHO, got burned at times this year. Of course, I also think we missed Jay Prosch more than we anticipated at the start of the season.

But yeah, if Muschamp can just give us a defense that can hold the opponent to under 25-30 points (not all that remarkable), I don't know how we can be stopped.

Capable guys that are relatively inexperienced with a new QB and a new center to boot. Offense will be a little dicey to start the season IMO.

Guess I have too much faith in Gus.

Guess I have too much faith in Gus.

I think there is valid reasons to think, that early in the season, the offense won't be hitting on all cylinders. It will take a game or two to get a feel for exactly how things are going to play out and the best way to run things.

I hope we have 3 or 4 games and then a bye so Gus can re-evaluate the team. It seems like he needs this for his offenses to reach its potential.

I hope we have 3 or 4 games and then a bye so Gus can re-evaluate the team. It seems like he needs this for his offenses to reach its potential.

3 of the first 4 are. . . . Louisville in ATL, at LSU and MissSt. We probably ought to be ready at the end of the summer if we want to get thru that stretch in decent shape.

War Eagle!

3 of the first 4 are. . . . Louisville in ATL, at LSU and MissSt. We probably ought to be ready at the end of the summer if we want to get thru that stretch in decent shape.

War Eagle!

I don't think MSU is going to be anywhere near the team they were this year. LSU in BR is going to be tough, especially if they have good qb play. I believe we'll see good play but Gus never has his offense completely set at the first of the year.

Gus hasn't had a QB as overall as good as Jeremy yet. I hope he assists me with this statement, but I feel he is far superior to Cameron in mechanics and accuracy and may have the short-intermediate range over him. Not nearly as fast though and (even though we haven't seen Jeremy get pressured enough to do so yet) Cam is a lot better at throwing on the run.

We'll see though, Cam made Darvin Adams, Terell Zachary, Kodi Burns, Emory Blake, and Quindavius Carr look like stars most of the time. Jeremy might have a first round pick receiver, and at least 4 more potential studs on roster.

Have not seen Melvin Ray's name mentioned. He has game experience and I expect he will be a big time contributor next season.

I mentioned on another thread during the season that Ray gets in the game, makes a huge play or two in the game, and never gets in again. Or gets thrown to again. I think he's a great possession receiver and is underused, unless there is something I don't see. He never dropped a ball that I remember.

Have not seen Melvin Ray's name mentioned. He has game experience and I expect he will be a big time contributor next season.

I mentioned on another thread during the season that Ray gets in the game, makes a huge play or two in the game, and never gets in again. Or gets thrown to again. I think he's a great possession receiver and is underused, unless there is something I don't see. He never dropped a ball that I remember.

He was my pick for break out player of the year and I thought I was right after the Arkansas game but that dream quickly died.

Archived