Russell Wilson

auburn4ever

Didn't realize the "toy" store sold yellow ones...not the section you'd normally find me in, but congrats, Bird!

Anyway, so most of us aren't expecting Wilson to come in and be our new 5'11 QB?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work here in Raleigh with a number of NC State grads.  Most of them say Wilson's a great athlete, but they question his decision-making.  One guy said, "He's the perfect QB if you're looking for someone to lob the ball into triple coverage."

He's only thrown 26 interceptions in 3 years.  That's not too bad.  Dude has a laser for an arm though.

I have a problem with why so many are now willing to throw Trotter and Mosely under the bus. Reading the comments here today makes me very happy that we don't get a vote on the matter. I will be veery happy with whatever the coaches decide to do. That being said, if I were Trotter and Mosely and they brought in a fifth year guy to keep the chair warm for the future, I would transfer immediately.

I understand you.  We feel a connection with Trotter and Mosely because they are paying their dues.  However, bringing Wilson in can only increase the competition and that will make them all better.  We want the BEST because that is how we are going to expand the stadium, continue recruiting outstanding talent, win championships, etc.  I am all for Trotter or Mosely starting.....I would just rather them have to beat out another high quality QB to prove it.

Having already played pro baseball would rule him out of playing b'ball for us I would think. It would be good though.

Great point. We could us him for baseball.

He couldn't play baseball if he wanted to. He played pro baseball and once you go pro in a sport you cant come back to college and play because technically he wouldn't be an amateur in that sport anymore. Even if it was only single A ball.

Great point. We could us him for baseball.

He couldn't play baseball if he wanted to. He played pro baseball and once you go pro in a sport you cant come back to college and play because technically he wouldn't be an amateur in that sport anymore. Even if it was only single A ball.

Ok. I didn't realize he had played pro baseball. I just thought he was playing baseball for NC State.

That's too bad.

It's sounding like Colorado will not let Russell out of his contract unless he pays them a bunch of money. Am I right about that?

It's sounding like Colorado will not let Russell out of his contract unless he pays them a bunch of money. Am I right about that?

A percentage of his signing bonus would have to be returned. I guess that is his major decision if he thinks his one year would be good enough to get nfl interest. Although I think he might take the chance since his baseball career isn't going so well now. He is currently batting .216 in 38 games with his single A team with 53 strikeouts in 116 at-bats. He has 230 total at-bats in his pro baseball career and has struck out 89 times. Since he is supposed to visit wisconsin early in June I think we will know soon whether he will come or not. If it goes past the 4th of July without him on campus I think it is unlikely to happen.

I work here in Raleigh with a number of NC State grads.  Most of them say Wilson's a great athlete, but they question his decision-making.  One guy said, "He's the perfect QB if you're looking for someone to lob the ball into triple coverage."

He's only thrown 26 interceptions in 3 years.  That's not too bad.  Dude has a laser for an arm though.

He all so holds the NCAA record for most pass attempts without an int at 380+

Talk'in about a tight lipped story. Has anyone heard a peep at what this guy might do? WDE...

I mean it's like less than 3 mos. til we start it all up.

Talk'in about a tight lipped story. Has anyone heard a peep at what this guy might do? WDE...

I mean it's like less than 3 mos. til we start it all up.

from what I understand, he will be visiting Madison Wisconsin soon, and then make a decision.

I may be in the minority but I am just going to say it.  Let Wilson go somewhere else. I do  know he is a good qb but for one that is against acc competition,good but not sec, and two we do not know how our guys will fair because they have not been given a chance.  For those whose say "if they have not won the job yet then they are not going to" please tell me who would beat out Cam Newton, the number one draft pick?  Because it would not be Wilson either. The guys we have now hung in with cam all during the spring and I think they have what it takes to be good enough. I understand letting the best guy play but at what point do recruits start thinking that they may never get a shot?  If these guys were freshman then I could see it  but these guys have waited there turn.  Call me  loyal but I do not like watching my guys work hard and never get to play. I feel bad for Caudle everytime I think about it. What about tyrik Rollison? People loved him but he never would have played either with cam around. Bringing in wilson will not make this team a championship team. He has experience and talent but he does not play all the positions. With cam we had a once in a lifetime player, like having bo jackson. No other player could make the same difference. IF the d plays as it did we wont win anyway.  Alot of sec teams are starting over with new qbs and I think our guys could take them so we would not be far behind anyway. LET THEM PLAY!!!

I may be in the minority but I am just going to say it.  Let Wilson go somewhere else. I do  know he is a good qb but for one that is against acc competition,good but not sec, and two we do not know how our guys will fair because they have not been given a chance.  For those whose say "if they have not won the job yet then they are not going to" please tell me who would beat out Cam Newton, the number one draft pick?  Because it would not be Wilson either. The guys we have now hung in with cam all during the spring and I think they have what it takes to be good enough. I understand letting the best guy play but at what point do recruits start thinking that they may never get a shot?  If these guys were freshman then I could see it  but these guys have waited there turn.  Call me  loyal but I do not like watching my guys work hard and never get to play. I feel bad for Caudle everytime I think about it. What about tyrik Rollison? People loved him but he never would have played either with cam around. Bringing in wilson will not make this team a championship team. He has experience and talent but he does not play all the positions. With cam we had a once in a lifetime player, like having bo jackson. No other player could make the same difference. IF the d plays as it did we wont win anyway.  Alot of sec teams are starting over with new qbs and I think our guys could take them so we would not be far behind anyway. LET THEM PLAY!!!

I understand the loyalty but we may just have to come to grips with the facts that neither Trotter or Moseley are starting SEC caliber quarterbacks.  For us to be looking to bring in a QB this late shows that Malzahn was not impressed with what he saw in the spring and of course the plan right now is for Frazier and Pike to be the future.  I want Wilson because to me it seems like the timing would be perfect to transition from Wilson this year to Frazier next year.

Deux, I respectfully disagree. I think next season could be a championship season. No one predicted AU to win the West of the SEC, let alone the SEC title and the National Championship last year. I agree with Chizik; If this could help the team next year than bring him in. I trust our coaches. Coaches have tons of pressure on them to win. I like the idea of making our team as good as it can be as long as the coaches beleive it will not hurt our team chemistry.

I think the AU "All-In" and "We are Family" really helps with getting the right people to play for us. If the coaches think Mr Wilson is a fit, then I say let him come.

Deux, I respectfully disagree. I think next season could be a championship season. No one predicted AU to win the West of the SEC, let alone the SEC title and the National Championship last year. I agree with Chizik; If this could help the team next year than bring him in. I trust our coaches. Coaches have tons of pressure on them to win. I like the idea of making our team as good as it can be as long as the coaches beleive it will not hurt our team chemistry.

I think the AU "All-In" and "We are Family" really helps with getting the right people to play for us. If the coaches think Mr Wilson is a fit, then I say let him come.

disagree with what  :dunno:

1. We don't know how he would fare in the SEC. He apparently is a darn good QB.

2. Maybe from a fan's perspective they haven't been given a chance, but Malzahn has been with both for 3 years; think he knows them far better than any of us. This isn't pee-wee where everybody has to be on the field for a certain amount of time. I would say at least 1/3 of the team works hard and never gets to play.

3. As fans, we can be loyal all we want to, the coaches have the responsibility to put the best players on the field to win. Should the coaches have been loyal to Kodi Burns as a QB? I felt bad for him, no doubt, but it was best for the team.

4. Your points about once-in-a-generation players like Cam and Bo, as well as your point about the D give no good reason why Wilson shouldn't come to Auburn.

If the coaches want him, then I'm fine with that.

Wow! Talk about drinking the kool aid. I love your positivity but it is a bit unrealistic. Look at the relatively easy schedule of last year versus the murderers Road schedule of this year. Also look at the O Line. 4 new starters off of what was the best line in football. It usually takes a new line some time to gel and play as a unit. The chances of us winning a championship in 2011 are not good. 2012 is when we may make a strong push though.

Ellitor, all great points. I agree with all you say. It is a difficult schedule with a lot of new tallent having to take the field. That being said, a very mobile QB like Wilson with all his experience may take our team and give it the possiblity to add a win or 2 we would not have had otherwise. Why not have the best chance we can of having the best record we can possibly have, regardless of what the actual wins and losses are.

we didnt know Cam was a once in a lifetime player, and many felt the same way about him the way you do about Wilson

winnings games does more for team chemistry than anything else.

i will say this Neil Caudle would have played had he not had so many injuries

Archived