Russell Wilson

auburn4ever

It is the internet, there is no context, it is simply the post and how you interpet the post to mean what you think it does. It may or may not match the intent of the op. Sure some post are off the wall, but it is not some driving overall drop in the humanity of AU folks. You are just exposed to a wider range of them with boards like this. People could interpet the "creed" card as a different kind of superiority. See what I mean?

The joys of keyboards and absence of tone I suppose.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed...even though we are better ;D

While I admit we are  ;D I believe the thing that makes us better is that we don't throw it in peoples faces  ;)

Again, I agree.  I'm really starting to like the way you think.

It is the internet, there is no context, it is simply the post and how you interpet the post to mean what you think it does. It may or may not match the intent of the op. Sure some post are off the wall, but it is not some driving overall drop in the humanity of AU folks. You are just exposed to a wider range of them with boards like this. People could interpet the "creed" card as a different kind of superiority. See what I mean?

The joys of keyboards and absence of tone I suppose.

Exactly, sir. Internet wannabe bad boys are 3 feet tall and just as wide. Rarely does it equal an actual reality.

I'm not sure it matters what qb's we have. I believe Frazier has the ability to when the starting job before the first game.This is not a typical freshman coming in having to learn a new system and terminology.He has been in Malzahn's system most of his life.

Not a chance in hell unless the other 2 are plain bad which I don't think is the case.  Frazier is a typical freshman...new to AU, physically need to be developed, runs a version of Gus' O but not even close to Gus' O and needs to adjust to life away from home.  Could he win the job...NO.  Could he get the job by default...possibly but unlikely.  He could start midyear if we lose early and the starting QB (Trotter) is less than impressive.

I disagree. The job is still open otherwise CGC would have already named a starter, so he can indeed win it. Part of me would rather him not start because of immediately following in the steps of a legend of a black QB with similar hype and skill set can create intense pressure that honestly a lot of kids much less pros are not ready for. Look at Denver and Miami. They are still trying to find QBs to replace Elway and Marino...All that said if KF gives us the best chance to win now and can psychologically handle following Cam then he should start.

I think you missed my point.  I never said KF couldn't start the first game of the year.  What I said was if he is the starter, it is due to the other QBs failing more than KF blowing the coaches away.

Only the coaches are at practice and legitimately able to make that statement. We as fans can not make that statement because we have not seen them competing in practice like they are now.

And if either Barrett or Clint would have impressed the coaches then one of them would of been named the starter.  Neither did and so neither were

92Grad, I don't understand your philosophy in the slightest. You think the coaches are just going to hand over the reigns; you're mistaken. Everything with these coaches is earned; these aren't the BBQ Buddies. Seniority means nothing here. These coaches will put the best TEAM out on the field.

Having said that, I just don't see anyone's opinion being changed here. At least there hasn't been anything outlandish stated yet. Other than the Kiehl wouldn't "win" the starting job. Keep up the good convo guys and gals.

As simplistic as possible

1)  agree it is earned and Barrett nor Clint has yet to EARN the starting position

2)  Therefore Wilson is a consideration

3)  If KF comes in and wins the job, I believe it will be more a lack of the others not performing than KF blowing them away

4)  Could be wrong but KF is a freshman and will make freshman mistakes.  He may know part of the O but it will take him a good year or two for the whole playbook to be run

5)  If they all perform poorly then I believe KF will get the start as you might as well get him game experience

Now hopefully that was not too hard to understand

I am just responding to #4 in your list...your are absolutely 100% incorrect. That is all.

I absolutely hope I am.  I'm as high on KF as I have been on any recent QB we have brought in...including CAM.  He seems like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders.  If he comes in and shows the coaching staff he is able to fully run this offense effectively then I hope the coaches have the confidence to start him.  I only want what's best for AU and if KF starting is that then I am all for it.

agreed...even though we are better ;D

While I admit we are  ;D I believe the thing that makes us better is that we don't throw it in peoples faces  ;)

Again, I agree.  I'm really starting to like the way you think.

x2

Lets go to the orange facemasks for the 2011 season.

:laugh::bow:

Always know how to break the tension...  ;D

As Bird has said before, never change a4e

Lets go to the orange facemasks for the 2011 season.

CLASSIC!!

BTW, UltraSwagnus... I was on the field at that game in your sig pic!  ;D  The guy ATTEMPTING to tackle Mr. Tate is named Taron Ryce, and he's from Harvest, AL! Pretty good player too... Senior this year!  ;)

The latest I'm hearing is that Wilson will more than likely be at Auburn as long as he can work out a few things with the Rockies.  I think the only real obstacle left is the signing bonus he received.  He just needs to pay it back and he'll be good to go.

some people need to remember football is just a game...

Most...epic...picture...ever....

I'm all about tradition, but man, that would look good once a year or so...

The latest I'm hearing is that Wilson will more than likely be at Auburn as long as he can work out a few things with the Rockies.  I think the only real obstacle left is the signing bonus he received.  He just needs to pay it back and he'll be good to go.

Wow...I still don't like this idea so much unless Wilson is sincerely willing to be the backup, but if the coaches are on board with it, then I am too.

Wow...I still don't like this idea so much unless Wilson is sincerely willing to be the backup, but if the coaches are on board with it, then I am too.

I'm with you, red.  I would rather see one of our existing QBs lead the team but if the coaches aren't sure they can lead and win, then I guess we do what we have to do.  But, I don't see Wilson, a three year starter, signing with a school where he won't be a starter.  Surely, the coaches have not promised him the position.  We will see.     

No matter what happens, we just have to trust the coaches.

As stated in this thread, I really believe this shows how comfortable our coaches are with the QB's we have that went through spring. KF is the exemption, IMO, due to entering during the summer and being a true freshman.

*WARNING*  Clearly my own personal opinion:

I believe that if Wilson is brought in, he starts and finishes the season.

If Wilson's ability to win tapers off or is injured, Frazier's plays.  Otherwise, Frazier will RS.

Other QBs either transfer or stick it out like Caudle did.

The only way I see Wilson hurting the team is because of character issues or not meshing with teammates.

I think Malzahn could use his talent better than NCST did.

some people need to remember football is just a game...

Most...epic...picture...ever....

I'm all about tradition, but man, that would look good once a year or so...

if done only like that, and only once every 5 years or something

it would be pretty cool, i cant think of anyone else with a similar scheme so we wouldnt be copying either :)

as far as Russell Wilson, unless the coaches know for sure hes going to start i wouldnt risk it. not saying im on the bandwagon that wants to reward Barrett or Clint for waiting, im just saying we dont want to establish a precedent of bringing in juco's or transfers and beating out whoever has been here. it has a bigger effect on recruiting than many of us probably think.

i sincerely believe Barrett will win the job though when its all said and done

*WARNING*  Clearly my own personal opinion:

I believe that if Wilson is brought in, he starts and finishes the season.

If Wilson's ability to win tapers off or is injured, Frazier's plays.  Otherwise, Frazier will RS.

Other QBs either transfer or stick it out like Caudle did.

The only way I see Wilson hurting the team is because of character issues or not meshing with teammates.

I think Malzahn could use his talent better than NCST did.

This times a thousand. We will have great skill players on offense. Now if the line can gel I can see us going from a 7 win team to a 9 win team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/238093/russell-wilson

Look at those stats

He had 300+throwing yards 8 times last season

28 Passing TDS

Even though I stated this a couple of pages back in the thread, I'll state it again.

I've always, always been impressed with his arm. Also, he is just quick enough to keep LB's honest. If he can help Auburn win, I'm all for it.

Archived