Russell Wilson

auburn4ever

if kf is ready i say go with him if not i would rather have wilson i just dont think that bt or cm have the talent level we need and im not downing them just giving my opion. :wareagle: :wareagle:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this may have already been brought but

I would rather Wilson not join the team. Auburn won't do anything special next year even should Wilson join the team. 2012 is the year. Wilson will take away valuable grooming time from the qb who will lead us in the NC chase in 2012.

I would rather Wilson not join the team. Auburn won't do anything special next year even should Wilson join the team. 2012 is the year. Wilson will take away valuable grooming time from the qb who will lead us in the NC chase in 2012.

Good perspective about RW although I believe differently about AU's 2011 season......we will do well.

WDE !!!

i believe auburn auburn can do well every year and war eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

I disagree. IMO RW is gonna bring 1 or 2 wins with him. That could be the difference between a music city type bowl and a new years day bowl. I think that is worth the investment.

I disagree. IMO RW is gonna bring 1 or 2 wins with him. That could be the difference between a music city type bowl and a new years day bowl. I think that is worth the investment.

So you would druther sacrifice a National Championship run in '12 to go to a POSSIBLE New Year's day bowl this year. Because that is the likely result if Auburn goes into '12 with an untested qb. All the other  pieces would be in place. Veteran squads on both sides of the ball but for the qb.

^^^^

An easy counter argument is would you rather have 9-10 wins or 6-8 wins??

I would rather see a 9-10 win season and I guarantee top recruits would rather see us as a top 25 team instead of Texas was last year.

If we dont get Russell Wilson then Barrett Trotter or Clint Mosley would most likely be our QB and I guarantee NEITHER of those will start in 2012 so it wouldn't matter anyway.

the whole wait for 2012 thing is silly

people said that in 2009, and we ended up winning in 2010

even when we recruited Cam most people didnt expect instant success, give our coaches credit, we WILL compete next year and we will WIN more games than they are giving us credit for

as great as Cam was it was a team effort that allowed him to do the things he could. I fully expect a 9 win season minimum, these coaches have the potential.

dont forget in 2009 barring a few 4th quarter collapses we could have had 9 wins then too

^^^^

An easy counter argument is would you rather have 9-10 wins or 6-8 wins??

I would rather see a 9-10 win season and I guarantee top recruits would rather see us as a top 25 team instead of Texas was last year.

If we dont get Russell Wilson then Barrett Trotter or Clint Mosley would most likely be our QB and I guarantee NEITHER of those will start in 2012 so it wouldn't matter anyway.

6-8 wins if it results in a seasoned qb leading Auburn in the 2012 campaign.

After the last 2 years of recruiting and the start of this year's class I'm not too concerned how top recruits see us. They weren't bothered by our 8-5 record at the conclusion of the '09 season.

I know Frazier is talented but I'd rather have a 5th year senior like Trotter, with a full year's experience under his belt, leading Auburn in '12 than a redshirt freshman. And if Wilson is playing for Auburn next year Young Mr. Frazier will certainly redshirt.

the whole wait for 2012 thing is silly

people said that in 2009, and we ended up winning in 2010

even when we recruited Cam most people didnt expect instant success, give our coaches credit, we WILL compete next year and we will WIN more games than they are giving us credit for

as great as Cam was it was a team effort that allowed him to do the things he could. I fully expect a 9 win season minimum, these coaches have the potential.

dont forget in 2009 barring a few 4th quarter collapses we could have had 9 wins then too

Not silly. Realistic. Over the last 10 years or so every national champ but uf  lost 3 or more games the following year. Auburn will lose 4/5 games this coming season regardless of the qb. But 2012 everything will line up in Auburn's favor.

If Wilson comes in, I expect Frazier to play the Tebow role from his freshman year.

I personally wouldn't want to see that happen. Why waste a year of eligiblity in spot duty?

If Wilson comes in, I expect Frazier to play the Tebow role from his freshman year.

I personally wouldn't want to see that happen. Why waste a year of eligiblity in spot duty?

Because the experience will be worth the year of elegibility and we have Pike right behind KF. 

Because the experience will be worth the year of elegibility and we have Pike right behind KF. 

Well if it is experience you want him to have then don't bring Wilson in at all. Just turn the reins over to Frazier next year and let get his baptismal so he'll be fully prepared for 2012.

I would say Tebow was prepared for his sophomore year, seeing that he won the Heisman and all.  No need to throw him to the wolves as a freshman.

Well if it is experience you want him to have then don't bring Wilson in at all. Just turn the reins over to Frazier next year and let get his baptismal so he'll be fully prepared for 2012.

Because you don't want to throw him into the fire too quickly and have another Kodi type situation, not saying KF and KB are the same because KF seems lightyears ahead of KB in the passing game. I'm thinking RW will be somewhat of an insurance plan. If KF is not ready for the speed of college football then we have Wilson, and if Frazier shows out then the QB situation gets even more interesting. And I'm all for KF being the backup and getting any experience he can.

Because you don't want to throw him into the fire too quickly and have another Kodi type situation, not saying KF and KB are the same because KF seems lightyears ahead of KB in the passing game. I'm thinking RW will be somewhat of an insurance plan. If KF is not ready for the speed of college football then we have Wilson, and if Frazier shows out then the QB situation gets even more interesting. And I'm all for KF being the backup and getting any experience he can.

Which brings us back to my original point, we don't need Wilson as our qb, insurance policy or not, we have Trotter.  Play Trotter all year in 2011 and have an experienced 5th year sr as our qb in 2012. If we play Wilson then we have a marginally experienced sophmore or a marginally experieced sr as our qb in '12.

Which brings us back to my original point, we don't need Wilson as our qb, insurance policy or not, we have Trotter.  Play Trotter all year in 2011 and have an experienced 5th year sr as our qb in 2012. If we play Wilson then we have a marginally experienced sophmore or a marginally experieced sr as our qb in '12.

Because from what I've heard from around the program I'm not to confident in Trotter or Mosely. I'm all for playing the better QB and if that will be RW then bring him in.

Man I'm glad some of you guys aren't coaching!

As for Wilson, if he comes to AU, he WILL have to win the starting job.

Man I'm glad some of you guys aren't coaching!

As for Wilson, if he comes to AU, he WILL have to win the starting job.

Coaching is not my gig. I'm paid to be an armchair quarterback.  :rolleyes:

I will go on the record and state that there is no way Keihl doesn't start in 2012 unless he gets hurt.....so you will have a new QB in anyways. Might as well let him in the tebow role for his freshmen year to adjust and gather the wins you can from RW during the meat of it. The ACC offensive player of the year with a quality character and drive....I don't see how we can lose from bringing him in. Even if he doesn't win the starting position he will improve our current backs by making them work harder and possibly teaching them a thing or two.

I personally think Keihl should be under a QB like Russell Wilson because i think that is the kind of QB Keihl will be.. I mean Keihl is great we all know but i doubt the coaches would really want to start a Freshman QB no matter how good they are.  IMHO but its not mine or any of yalls decision.. its the coaches.. so i believe that the coaches will do the right thing for AU football next season  :believe:

I agree with dj.  Let him come.  It doesn't mean he could beat Fraizer, Trotter or Mosely.  All of those guys have the upper hand on him.  All know the system, the coaches and the players better.  I say the gamble is on his part. He could be giving up MLB cash and get beat out by a true freshman.  We keep forgetting that Trotter was even with Cam last spring and KF knows the system and is Cam jr.  Go back and watch is film.  I can't wait to see this play out

Archived