Russell Wilson

auburn4ever

I still don't understand what all the fuss is about if Russell Wilson signs with us. He'll be a senior this coming fall and he'll be gone after the 2011 season is done. His signing should NOT hurt Barrett Trotter, Clint Moseley, Keihl Frazier, Zeke Pike or even Logan Paul in any little bit.

RW will be a 2nd year grad student, not a senior.  Yes, one year....that's the problem.  He's looking for the stepping stone into the NFL and that is all.  IMHO, signing RW will be a problem for AU more than a help.  More downside for the team unity/cohesion.  We have a full stable of fine stallions ready to run this fall.

WDE !!!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had room and could legally bring in 10 graduate or JUCO transfer quarterbacks, I'd have no problem with it, and neither should any fan or any player on the team.  From little league and up, the majority of time the pitcher or QB is the most athletically talented player on the team.  They are used to the competition and strive to be the BEST.

The coaches are paid well to evaluate which of the imagined dozen or more choices hypothesized above......would be the best fit as team leader and able to win ball games.  That's it.  Nothing more to it than that.  They have said the starter job hasn't been decided.  No matter who is on the field when practice starts back, They will decide between those just who fits what they want the best.  I do not believe whether they have been here for 3 years or 3 days means anything at all.  

I have an opinion on who that player will be and it is Kiehl.  But my opinion doesn't matter and I will trust whatever choices the coaches make until such time they give me reason to question them.  Thus far, they have more than earned my trust in those type choices.                             this

If we had room and could legally bring in 10 graduate or JUCO transfer quarterbacks, I'd have no problem with it, and neither should any fan or any player on the team.  From little league and up, the majority of time the pitcher or QB is the most athletically talented player on the team.  They are used to the competition and strive to be the BEST.

The coaches are paid well to evaluate which of the imagined dozen or more choices hypothesized above......would be the best fit as team leader and able to win ball games.  That's it.  Nothing more to it than that.  They have said the starter job hasn't been decided.  No matter who is on the field when practice starts back, They will decide between those just who fits what they want the best.  I do not believe whether they have been here for 3 years or 3 days means anything at all.  

I have an opinion on who that player will be and it is Kiehl.  But my opinion doesn't matter and I will trust whatever choices the coaches make until such time they give me reason to question them.  Thus far, they have more than earned my trust in those type choices.

The SEC/NCAA has the opposite feeling about the one-year transfer players.

And since the rule isn't in effect yet, does that change anything I said?  In my opinion, Auburn plays by the rules and will continue to do so, whatever those rules are changed to.

we also have cj uzamah that could be an option but i say go with the best and my gut tells me when its all said and done it will be kf and pretty sure he already knows the offence as good as anybody. :zapbama: :zapbama:

And since the rule isn't in effect yet, does that change anything I said?  In my opinion, Auburn plays by the rules and will continue to do so, whatever those rules are changed to.

Just playing within the rules isn't the best decision. 

AU has a full cadre of excellent qbs for the 2011 season already.  We don't need RW.

AU has a full cadre of excellent qbs for the 2011 season already.  We don't need RW.

IMO, If Russel Wilson is a better QB than the ones we have, then we should take him and play him. The coaches loyalty is to the TEAM, and if division is caused just by bringing in another talented player, then maybe the players involved need to determine where their loyalties lie....

if wilson does come in and he is the best guy for the jod and he is all in and i mean 100% all in then i have no problem with it :wareagle: :wareagle:

IMO, If Russel Wilson is a better QB than the ones we have, then we should take him and play him. The coaches loyalty is to the TEAM, and if division is caused just by bringing in another talented player, then maybe the players involved need to determine where their loyalties lie....

If the issues were that simplified I would agree with you but they aren't.

Exactly.  Two of the most respected players in recent memory are Kodi and Caudle.  Both exemplified true team loyalty and put all ego aside as they continued to be huge contributors to the success of Auburn University's football team.  And they are thought of so highly for that sole reason. 

Most people with common sense realize the coaches will make the right call.  There are many who were saying the EXACT same thing this time last year about Cam.  I think that worked out ok.

Kiehl Frazier has more talent than any QB we have or will have this fall. He is anything but typical. That's why every school in the country wanted him. Sure, he doesn't have SEC experience. NONE OF OUR QBs HAVE EXPERIENCE! There's no point in arguing about it. BT and CM are great Auburn men. You will never hear me say anything bad about either one of them. With that said... The coaches are looking at one year QB for a reason. Barret and Clint got a great education, memories that they will never forget, and a pair of rings that are priceless. The coaches aren't going to give the job to who ever has been there the longest. The best players will play.

I usually hate this response because a message board is meant for us fans to speculate and give our thoughts. However, there seems to be some tension reading this thread. For me, this is one I am now worrying about. I give this one up to the coaches. They know the ups and downs of the decision. I feel very comfortable letting them make this decision. I haven't even heard that Wilson will even come to AU if we say we want him. War Eagle!

When do y'all think we will hear if he is coming or not.

Got a feeling he has to work out the finances on how doable it is.  May be a little while.

I posted this in the AU football section as well. A friend of mine was talking with one of the coaches and he felt pretty confident that Wilson will be coming to AU and will make the decision by the end of the month. Take that for what it's worth.

When do y'all think we will hear if he is coming or not.

Somebody on scout mentioned his deadline given by our coaches is the 17th.  Though, with him visiting Wisconsin Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised if he made a decision sometime later this week.

Was the last line really neccessary?

YES

Please, explain why your condescension is necessary? :dunno:

YES

Yes 92 please explain why

I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but reading threads here have become quite.....painful.....lately I see a lot of supposed Auburn men and women coming off as if we are better then everyone else and essentially having a turdish arrogance to them. Kind of hurts my feelings.

YES

Yes 92 please explain why

I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but reading threads here have become quite.....painful.....lately I see a lot of supposed Auburn men and women coming off as if we are better then everyone else and essentially having a turdish arrogance to them. Kind of hurts my feelings.

Agreed, it is as if they have never read The Auburn Creed.

Of course, I shouldn't assume that all are Auburn Alumni or current students, but it does sadden me to hear some of the things that have been said lately.  I always thought Auburn Men and Women were above that.  :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

It is the internet, there is no context, it is simply the post and how you interpet the post to mean what you think it does. It may or may not match the intent of the op. Sure some post are off the wall, but it is not some driving overall drop in the humanity of AU folks. You are just exposed to a wider range of them with boards like this. People could interpet the "creed" card as a different kind of superiority. See what I mean?

agreed...even though we are better ;D

While I admit we are  ;D I believe the thing that makes us better is that we don't throw it in peoples faces  ;)

Archived