CTT's greatest Strength

Wishbone

The 6-0 start is great and all but that is not what makes me like CTT. His greatest quality is how he developes the players as citizens off the field. Sometimes we forget about this. I recently read about another incident at UF where channing crowder and more UF football players attacked some UF students. Reading this story made me realize that CTT might be the only coach Auburn can have that will still enable me to be able to watch college football. (I no longer watch any professional sports). CTT comprises his team of student athletes that we can be proud of and root for in a day and age when everyone thinks winning is the end all be all of college atheltics. I hope we keep CTT at Auburn for a long time regardless of record.

:au: This is his team with all his players that he recruited. He deserves a great deal of credit for the type of people he has brought in to play football and represent all of us as Auburn Tigers! I hope we as fans represent him and his team well this weekend! :au:

I also like the fact that the players he recruits love college and seem to always want to be here for there maximum elegibility. Obviously big money was put off by Caddy, Ronnie, Dansby, and DT by staying an extra year. They all had goals they wanted to reach here, but they came back because they love Auburn.

The 6-0 start is great and all but that is not what makes me like CTT.  His greatest quality is how he developes the players as citizens off the field.  Sometimes we forget about this.  I recently read about another incident at UF where channing crowder and more UF football players attacked some UF students.  Reading this story made me realize that CTT might be the only coach Auburn can have that will still enable me to be able to watch college football.  (I no longer watch any professional sports).  CTT comprises his team of student athletes that we can be proud of and root for in a day and age when everyone thinks winning is the end all be all of college atheltics.  I hope we keep CTT at Auburn for a long time regardless of record.

110757[/snapback]

Eeyore Cracks a Smile!!!

When things are going well, things are going really well!!!

Welcome to the party Mr. Anti-Tuberville. Here's some koolaid!!!!!

:big:

:au: This is his team with all his players that he recruited.  He deserves a great deal of credit for the type of people he has brought in to play football and represent all of us as Auburn Tigers!  I hope we as fans represent him and his team well this weekend! :au:

110805[/snapback]

Well said, friend. Let's remember that Terry "The Midget" Bowden went 20-1-1 to start his Auburn coaching career...with Pat Dye's players. Once he got his own team...he got fired.

Tuberville is the cure for what ails us. I hope he is Auburn's version of The Bear and stays until I'm old and gray.

WDE :au:

Bravo Man!

To expound upon your point:

I'm tired of people bashing CTT for "too much personal loyalty" !

(more on the other board than on here).

How do you think he gets his players to stay for their fourth year?

What I want is a 20-year juggernaut of a program. That doesn't happen

without personal loyalty emanating from the top. When somebody just

can't do the job (Mazzone, Lovett, Nall) he addresses the issue. But

he does it the right way (witness Nall back at OL coach ..... thats

quote an accomplishment really from a managerial POV).

Archived