School on Saturdays

tubahoss

Dont know if anyone know has said this yet but it was announced wednesday that we will make up the days lost for Ivan on the day of the Ole Miss game, our bye weekend, and the SECC game. I am in the band so i have a university excuse but if i were a normal student i would tell em to kiss my rebel ass. This could definetly hurt our attendance at these games. Not only do they want the teachers to have class those days they want them to give tests to make sure attendance will be good. Sounds like some bullsh@t to me. But hey I'll be there so hot damn! :D

:au: You have got to be kidding me? It sounds like Richardson is at it again. That is a freakin joke. I've graduated, but if I was still there they wouldn't see me in class regardless of a test! :au:

see i dont think they understand that most classes have just gone on ahead. I mean hey I have planned things for every single one of those weekends, especially that one in December, I hope :)

it's true, but two of my professors have stated that saturday classes will be optional with a possible attendance bonus for those that want to show up. they aren't going to reschedule tests for those days, and i'll be opting not to meet on those days (matter of fact i'll be missing the friday before the ole miss game).

I was in school in 1989 and they had scheduled final exams on the Saturday of THE ALABAMA game. THE BIGGEST ALABAMA GAME EVER. Do they still have exams on Saturday? I do not remember what they did but it was changed.

Dont know if anyone know has said this yet but it was announced wednesday that we will make up the days lost for Ivan on the day of the Ole Miss game, our bye weekend, and the SECC game.  I am in the band so i have a university excuse but if i were a normal student i would tell em to kiss my rebel ass.  This could definetly hurt our attendance at these games.  Not only do they want the teachers to have class those days they want them to give tests to make sure attendance will be good.  Sounds like some bullsh@t to me.  But hey I'll be there so hot damn! :D

111350[/snapback]

You go to class during the Fall ? Weak, dude. Just plain weak.

Dont know if anyone know has said this yet but it was announced wednesday that we will make up the days lost for Ivan on the day of the Ole Miss game, our bye weekend, and the SECC game.  I am in the band so i have a university excuse but if i were a normal student i would tell em to kiss my rebel ass.  This could definetly hurt our attendance at these games.  Not only do they want the teachers to have class those days they want them to give tests to make sure attendance will be good.  Sounds like some bullsh@t to me.  But hey I'll be there so hot damn! :D

111350[/snapback]

Those Damn B-Y-E cougars are tough!!! It ought to be a tough game.

(mummmble mummble mummble)

What?!

(mummble mumble)

BYU? Never heard of them.

The engineering professors I had couldn't care less about football. If they could, they'd give an exam on a Saturday without thinking twice.

All of my professors have said that they will not be having class on those days......They all thought it was stupid and were not giving up their Sat. to come to class, especially on gamedays.....Thank goodness

I was in school in 1989 and they had scheduled final exams on the Saturday of THE ALABAMA game.  THE BIGGEST ALABAMA GAME EVER. Do they still have exams on Saturday?  I do not remember what they did but it was changed.

111396[/snapback]

I was in school then and I don't remember that!

But then again, I usually never went to class anyway. I was, however, at the game. 50 yd line first row behind the bammer bench. Saw the lamentations on the faces of the tahd!

Most of the professors have laughed in the face of this idea. Richardson is a retard. Did he think one month after the Hurricane we were going to wait and let him tell us what to do with our schooling for the semester. Oh my God, without his leadership we'll never find a way to make up those class days!!!! Are you freakin kidding me. Everyone has already caught up on that work, like three weeks ago. SHOVE IT RICHARDSON...NO ONE WILL BE HERE ON YOUR SATURDAYS!!!!

Most of the professors have laughed in the face of this idea. Richardson is a retard. Did he think one month after the Hurricane we were going to wait and let him tell us what to do with our schooling for the semester. Oh my God, without his leadership we'll never find a way to make up those class days!!!! Are you freakin kidding me. Everyone has already caught up on that work, like three weeks ago. SHOVE IT RICHARDSON...NO ONE WILL BE HERE ON YOUR SATURDAYS!!!!

111569[/snapback]

Give up caffeine this week ? :huh:

Nope...just agitates me that he thinks the whole entire school runs on his schedule!!!! Trust me, I'm more hyped up than ever, and I gave up caffeine a couple of months ago, except for on game days to mix with my spirit!!!!

We've already found other ways of making up the missed days in all of my classes, and I think it's just about the same for everyone else too. This seems unnecessary. Regardless, I'll be in Oxford for the Ole Miss game, and if we were to win the West, I'd be in Atlanta on Dec. 4th, school or no.

Do these idiots not realize that school on Saturdays that's scheduled this late in the semester isn't going to work? If they had said this the day that they cancelled class, it might be a little different and easier to accomodate (I still wouldn't go), but right now, tons of people have already made travel plans to Oxford and/or Atlanta, and on the bye week I'm sure that many students who haven't been able to go home (such as people in the band) who never get to go home want to see their families when there isn't anything going on down here. It's ridiculous.

:puke::arky:

Archived