A note to fraternities from an alumnus

lukeduke

Wow, you're the first Alumni I've heard who wants everyone wearing orange! Everyone I've spoken with is peeved because Tubbs came in and has made AU an Orange school,  when traditionally it has been a Navy school.

112749[/snapback]

Well, you might want to ask more people.

I am a recent Alum and I have been completely onboard with the orange thing. It make AU look better on TV and therefore helps recruiting. When something as simple as changing your shirt can have a positive effect on recruiting, you do it. Hands down. You do it.

112770[/snapback]

I just have to be sure I am clear on this...

If we wear orange shirts, it helps recruiting??

I have heard it all now. :no:

112896[/snapback]

Yes. Its simple. I'll walk you through it if you need a little help.

Orange shows up on TV much more than Blue. Its just a wilder color. Fact.

are you still with me?

Recruits who tune in to the football games see a sea of orange. Fact.

still with me?

Sea of orange = fan support. Speculation.

Recruit sees fervent fan support and is encouraged to go to the school with the rowdy fans. Speculation.

are you still with me?

Tuberville has never tried to "change the primary color." He just wants recruiting to improve.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, you're the first Alumni I've heard who wants everyone wearing orange! Everyone I've spoken with is peeved because Tubbs came in and has made AU an Orange school,  when traditionally it has been a Navy school.

112749[/snapback]

Man you must not have talked to many alumni. You sound like Kerry and the Dems doing a poll.......talk to a union guy, a lawyer. a movie star and a black and say Kerry leads the poll :D:D

Just look around the stadium. Over 75,000 in orange dosen't indicate the alumni don't like it.

the university reserves block seating for fraternities. if you want your own block start a group, go to all the pep rallies, make signs to go on the stadium before every game, donate thousands of pounds of food to the food drive, donate money to all sorts of charities, etc., etc., etc. i could go on for days. block seating is based on spirit points(determined by the SGA) and there are lots of ways to earn them. i get so tired of hearing people complain about block seating. its a small reward for what fraternities give back to the university, so give it a rest.

Oh yeah, forgot the fratties do so much for the univesity, like getting us all that national press coverage 2 halloweens ago. Sorry, I don't have an extra grand a semester to blow on such a fine establishment.

Frat Party

112749[/snapback]

Well, you might want to ask more people.

I am a recent Alum and I have been completely onboard with the orange thing. It make AU look better on TV and therefore helps recruiting. When something as simple as changing your shirt can have a positive effect on recruiting, you do it. Hands down. You do it.

112770[/snapback]

I just have to be sure I am clear on this...

If we wear orange shirts, it helps recruiting??

I have heard it all now. :no:

112896[/snapback]

Yes. Its simple. I'll walk you through it if you need a little help.

Orange shows up on TV much more than Blue. Its just a wilder color. Fact.

are you still with me?

Recruits who tune in to the football games see a sea of orange. Fact.

still with me?

Sea of orange = fan support. Speculation.

Recruit sees fervent fan support and is encouraged to go to the school with the rowdy fans. Speculation.

are you still with me?

Tuberville has never tried to "change the primary color." He just wants recruiting to improve.

112907[/snapback]

Wow...thanks for spelling that out for me. I went home and trashed my favorite 'home' jersey...it was blue. I don't want to hurt recruiting.

Hmmm...how did we ever get Carnell Williams, Jason Campbell, Ronnie Brown and those guys to even visit Auburn??

I will go back to 'lurking' now...a recruit may find out about my blue jersey.

Peace out...

:au: War Eagle :au: (if you are a five star high school football player, please disregard the blue in the above 'AU's...I know it should be orange)

112749[/snapback]

Man you must not have talked to many alumni. You sound like Kerry and the Dems doing a poll.......talk to a union guy, a lawyer. a movie star and a black and say Kerry leads the poll :D:D

Just look around the stadium. Over 75,000 in orange dosen't indicate the alumni don't like it.

112912[/snapback]

Outside the student section, I doubt half ever attended AU. And, as for the alumni I spoke with, they were people on an industry advisory board for AU, and others that work for some orhter major corporations. They don't generally make it to many, if any, games. They don't work at Kroger down on Glenn... :rolleyes:

;);)

the university reserves block seating for fraternities. if you want your own block start a group, go to all the pep rallies, make signs to go on the stadium before every game, donate thousands of pounds of food to the food drive, donate money to all sorts of charities, etc., etc., etc. i could go on for days. block seating is based on spirit points(determined by the SGA) and there are lots of ways to earn them. i get so tired of hearing people complain about block seating. its a small reward for what fraternities give back to the university, so give it a rest.

Oh yeah, forgot the fratties do so much for the univesity, like getting us all that national press coverage 2 halloweens ago. Sorry, I don't have an extra grand a semester to blow on such a fine establishment.

Frat Party

112959[/snapback]

ok wade, whatever, have fun sitting in the top corner of the endzone. ;)

Sorry, bear...... I'm sure your friends are the best money can buy. I really do apologize though, I just have never understood the fraternity thing (it always seemed a little latently homoerotic to me, but what do I know, I wrestled in HS). Don't listen to me though, I'm just a bitter jackass, but I am well balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders!

War Damn Eagle!!!!

To the Fratties and the poor kids!

dude, if you dont go to the game drunk, why do you go???

112790[/snapback]

I can have fun without alcohol. Alcohol is prohibited for a reason. Drunkards are not supposed to ruin my sober experience.

First of all, what kind of sissy gets pissed at someone drinking at the game?

Second, what kind of person hates fraternities? Let them do their own thing.

some of y'all take the flightless waterfowl too seriously...he lives for jerking chains.

That said...if someone can hold their booze and not behave like a complete asshat, then that's one thing...too often I saw people who would literally be falling into the next row or two because they were too drunk to maintain their balance. That's obnoxious as hell.

I didn't/don't hate fraternities...it was more of a mutual indifference.

This sissy gets pissed when people are too drunk for their own good. I had to sit through the LSU game reiking of whiskey because some drunkard knocked an entire 32oz super spiked coke on me... all down my back, shorts, legs, and shoes. I was amazed at how wet 32oz got me.

Last year I invited a friend from Maine down for the USC game. Some guy was too drunk to function, but managed to step all over us for the entire 1st quarter. He didnt have a seat, would stand directly in front of us, and wouldnt stay still. He kept slurringly trying to talk to us and apologize, and I didn't want to hear it. Short story, a good friend of mine had his only AU football experience ruined by a drunk fan (and Nallsminger).

Bama game... a guy had to be pulled out by security because he was on the verge of alcohol poisoning. Bet he had a great time.

I could care less if people drink before a game. My complaint is against the people that go overboard. There's a point where you can have too much alcohol in your system, and some people don't realize that. These are the people that interfere with those who are there to see AU play some ball and have a great time.

This has to be one of the most useless threads that I ever seen posted on this site. Who gives a fat rat's butt what you wanna wear to the game. Auburn has NEVER been a navy school. I don't remember looking up in the stands and seeing ALL navy. The orange does look good, but TT has never demanded that we wear it. I was in a fraternity at Auburn and we did ALOT for the univeristy through charities and we worked hard to earn our seats. Every organization has bad apples. At least this beats the hell out out of talking about Petrinogate or Bobby Lowder. Lets play some FOOTBALL!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

This sissy gets pissed when people are too drunk for their own good.  I had to sit through the LSU game reiking of whiskey because some drunkard knocked an entire 32oz super spiked coke on me... all down my back, shorts, legs, and shoes.  I was amazed at how wet 32oz got me.

Last year I invited a friend from Maine down for the USC game.  Some guy was too drunk to function, but managed to step all over us for the entire 1st quarter.  He didnt have a seat, would stand directly in front of us, and wouldnt stay still.  He kept slurringly trying to talk to us and apologize, and I didn't want to hear it.  Short story, a good friend of mine had his only AU football experience ruined by a drunk fan (and Nallsminger).

Bama game... a guy had to be pulled out by security because he was on the verge of alcohol poisoning.  Bet he had a great time.

I could care less if people drink before a game.  My complaint is against the people that go overboard.  There's a point where you can have too much alcohol in your system, and some people don't realize that.  These are the people that interfere with those who are there to see AU play some ball and have a great time.

113055[/snapback]

I have the same problem with those people.

People have no self control when they're too far gone. It's REALLY annoying and no one wants to be around those kids. (adults are considered to be children while under the influence ;D)

I usually just lurk around here every once in a while but i had to post and say that this is the funniest and most ridiculous thing i have read in a while. :lsu:

113184[/snapback]

Can't complain about the football team. Gotta find someone doing something wrong ya know lol. What would the internet be if we couldn't stereotypically attack people from hundreds of miles away and behind a screen in the safty of our own home :big:

Oh yeah, forgot the fratties do so much for the univesity, like getting us all that national press coverage 2 halloweens ago.  Sorry, I don't have an extra grand a semester to blow on such a fine establishment.

Frat Party

112959[/snapback]

Lol, come on man. This is the state of Alabama. You know there are more than enough good ole small town boys from this state at Auburn that if someone got a mic or camera around would make just as much, if not more of an ass out of the university that never even set foot near a fraternity. Hell, you could do it before a football game easily.

Get real man, being in a fraternity or not in a fraternity doesn't definse a person, its the person that defines the person. Maybe I should retort with some stories about GDI's and their dumb drunk antics and attitudes. Or I know, why don't I complain about things like racism and stereotyping and then group a whole group of people together and bad mout them :D

I did my day in them, and now I'm doing my day out of them. There is just as many money grubbing want to be your friend for what you can do for me, stumbling drunk, racist GDI's on this campus as in a fraternity. Ya there is stupid people in fraternities, and there is stupid people out of them.

Ya there is stupid people in fraternities, and there is stupid people out of them.

113225[/snapback]

Case in point. ;)

113230[/snapback]

What I'm stupid cause I'm a realist in the fact that just cause you didn't join a frat I don't buy automatically that your a 4.0, perfectly well-mannered, sensitive to all causes and cultures, do no wrong type person?

Archived