110 Yards D

autiger6

Even though we had almost as many yards in penalties as :uk: had in the game our D is playing well. I know we gave up the rushing TD but we were playing against 12 men most of the day. Wow does the future look bright for our defense ends. Man Groves was a monster today and the Predator just looks like he is getting on track the past three games. Junior and Carlos played the run well today also. Chizik has done an outstanding job this year so just keep it up.

:au:

Yeah, and 80 of that came on that one drive at the end of the first half. Remove that and we gave up only 30 yards the entire rest of the game. Amazing performance.

What impressed me most was that we didn't keep the first team in to acheive that! As always, we subbed early and often on defense and in the fourth quarter we had second third and even players whose numbers I didn't know playing and making plays to keep Kentucky bottled up. This, in conjunction with the second and third team offense giving Kentucky plenty of offensive opportunities by running a plain vanilla offense and going three and out the whole fourth quarter.

The only thing that got me nervous was that 80 yard drive - what the heck happened? Of course the defense had an awesome game, and I'm not taking a thing from them, but that 80 yard drive seemed to come from nowhere, and that "spark" for UK, never reappeared. I was trying to listen to the game, but my son had 3 friends over and they were watching games on TV so it was kind of hard to hear. Did penalties help it along, or one or two big plays, or what?

Archived